What's new

please help me buy speakers by volume and VALUE? (1 Viewer)

frank-m

Auditioning
Hi to All! i've never seen this situation answered here before as i can tell.
1.Is volume, usage, and value a consideration when buying speakers?
If I want Very good to great sound for ONLY MY HT ,never turning it up real loud/normal listening,which speakers can do it for the best value.All i have is new kENWOOD 404 now(only $28)so i can buy whatever makes new speakers happy with no real loss.
My room is 16 by 25 with 46"tv in a corner of 16 ft wall, couch close to middle of room 16 ft. away with 8 ft. behind.
Would like in-wall speakers(cause its used as a hall area between three doorways, but can hang satellites above and 1 to 3 ft behind my head if sound is much better from them.
Must have great ccs as i cant make out what peps say as of now and my wife wont turn tv up.(argh)
Considering Situation and (Value to quality sound needed ratio for a pleased ht experience), my order SO FAR is:
1. nsp1 (if they will give good sound for the $)
2nd. htd level 3's (give better to great sound for the $)
3rd. swan divas (giving the OH wow! sound for the $)
4th.whatever you'all suggest gets the job done for value/$
I've NEVER heard surround before except for 5 min. my wife allowed in best buy store and can never test anything but circuit city stuff if they ever get their sound room fixed!
Please help & replys are MOST appreciated!
A confused newbie like me can ramble a wee to much..sorry!
:b THANKS frank
(this should be in speaker section. i just realized! oops!)

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
value in speakers is a very relative term. speakers may sound great to you and horrible to me-- we all have different opinions on sound so it's impossible to tell you which speaker is the best for the $$. i've heard great stuff about those Divas and the Axiom line, but i say go to your local hifi store and try out as many combos as you can. pick the ones that sound best to YOU!
volume is a function of amp power and speaker sensitivity. the more power and higher the sensitivity, the more SPL (fancy word for volume) you'll enjoy. if you intend to get a decently good pair of speakers you'll need a better receiver than that Kenwood.
good luck!
note: in-wall speakers generally will not sound up to par with normal speakers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks