What's new

Please give insight on a problem with my progressive dvd player..I need it bad.. (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
The player is mighy fine playing DVD-A reg. cd's, and non-progressive mode DVD's. I cannot seem to get it to function normally playing in any progressive mode I choose. I have a Panny 47". I verified that it's not the cables because upon switching back to 525i I get no 'shimmering' on the screen. Is this a sign of a defect. Please tell me no cause it was the last one at Best Buy for $199! I put in The Haunting and it shimmered (silver slivers??) on faces and light areas of the screen. Anyone have this problem? thanks!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
What type of player is it and are you using component cables, not S-Video.
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

Keir H

Second Unit
Sorry it's JVC XV-D723(?) progressive DVD-audio player. Yes, component out to my Panny 47" using the same cables, no problems when switching to interlace mode.

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I am pretty sure the 47" Panasonic he is talking about is a 16X9 HDTV. If it is I am sure it will take a 480P signal. The only thing I would suggest checking is to make sure that your TV only has one set of component inputs. Some hav two one for 480I and one for 480P. If yours only has one input make sure there is not a menu setting you have to change when going from 480I to 480P. Good luck.
Kevin C. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks