What's new

Playing time of LOR (1 Viewer)

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone heard what the playing time will be for "Fellowship of the Rings"?
I was surprised that "Harry Potter" will be 2.5hrs. I know movie companies try to get as many daily showings as possible.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Jim,
Everything that I've heard says the same thing. There was an article on IMDB.com that addressed this exact issue
Will Kids Sit Through A 2 1/2 Hour Movie?
Although Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is regarded as a can't-miss hit, its two-hour-and-32-minute length is giving some analysts pause for concern. Saturday's London Independent noted that the film is nearly twice as long as Toy Story (80 minutes) and an hour longer than The Lion King (89 minutes), a fact that raises the question of whether children's attention span won't be severely taxed. But Dan Jolin of Britain's Total Film magazine, pointed out that initially some people didn't want anything cut out. "A hundred million people in the world have read these [Potter] books and loved them," he said, "and there's a sense of the longer the better, even for children." And in what is perhaps the first review of the movie, Ronald Epstein has written on the hometheaterforum.com website that the film's length shouldn't pose a problem. "Harry Potter unfolds like a good mystery book you don't want to close," he commented.
IMDB.com lists the runtime as 152.
Troy
------------------
:My teacher tells me beauty is on the inside.
:That's just something ugly people say.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I recall reading that LOTR has clocked in at just under 3 hours. 2 hours 49minutes if I recall correctly. I am very glad they did not try to cram it into 90 minutes. Heck, they could have made it 45 minutes longer and I wouldn't have minded
biggrin.gif

------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You and me both, Richard. I'm glad it's going to be nearly three hours. It would have to be to fit in everything shown in the trailer! December 19th can't get here soon enough. . ..

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I'd like to give a HELL YEAH to Richard and Gregs comments. I'm glad they kept it long, this way they perhaps wouldn't have to cut as much stuf from the book.
Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks