What's new

Pirates of Silicon Valley on DVD? (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Very cool. I have a very poor VHS transfer of this, and would like very much to see a cleaned up version of the film!!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Excellent-I really enjoyed this movie. I'd really like to see some great features on it, but I sort of doubt it'll happen. It'd be great to get a commentary from Gates, Jobs, or Woz (it'd be great to see what would come out of a session with all of them in one room).

While we're on the subject, can anyone recommend a good book that might cover the real version of the story? I wasn't really old enough at the time to follow what was going on, and always wondered how much of the movie was true.

TimJS

Second Unit
Haven't read it, but the book the movie is based on, Fire in the Valley by Paul Freiberger & Michael Swaine is pretty highly regarded...believe it is OOP but might find a copy at the library.
Tim

Justin^W

Agent
It's on VHS but I don't think it will come out on DVD. Can always hope though. I enjoyed it a lot.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just watched the dvd this morning and even though there isn't much in bonus material, you do have an introduction by Noah Wylie and the trailer.

Crawdaddy

WillG

Senior HTF Member
The question is, is the music intact? IIRC the film promenetly used some songs by The Moody Blues. And one of the most infamous song replacements that is chronicled on this forum is "Nights in White Satin" from "Wiseguy" I am assuming that the music is okay or else it someone would have reported it by now.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I am excited about this one. I hope that I can find it at my local retailer.

Interesting side note...

Prior to the making of this movie, Tom Hanks was interested in producing a mini-series for HBO that chronicled how Apple Computer began.

Unfortunately, that project never got off the ground (although I imagine it would have been fantastic).

This is a movie I actually purchased on VHS...and want to get on DVD.

It is pretty entertaining. It is too bad there haven't been more movies on this subject...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks