What's new

Pioneer VSX-D812K Major Problem (1 Viewer)

Ron-R

Auditioning
I have the Pioneer 812, coupled with the Pioneer 563 DVD player. When I set everything up this weekend and tried playing a DVD, it worked great. Great picture, great color, great sound, etc. But then later on I could only get a black and white picture. At first I thought it was the DVD player, so to make sure I took a yellow RCA cable and hooked that up to the TV, no problem. I then took that same yellow cable to the receiver, no picture. I did the same thing with a different DVD player with the exact same results. I've already exchanged one 812 at Best Buy, I really don't want to go back and exchange this one. Please advise before I swear off Pioneer for life.

ps-using S-video to hook everything up, even bought a new cable just in case I may have bent the original.

Thanks all...

Hank_P

Second Unit
When you say you "took the same yellow RCA cable to the receiver, no picture" ..what video cable did you have from receiver-to-TV? Do you think the composite video in or out is not working on the receiver?

Could you give a little more detail as to what cables/connections you have going out to the TV from the receiver.

You also mention you use s-video to hook everything up... what other devices than a DVD player are you connecting to the TV/Receiver?

Hank

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks