What's new

Pioneer Pro 610 Cablibration (1 Viewer)

Chris Ryan

Agent
Hi:

I've had my Pioneer Pro 610 HD set for about 1.5 years now. I'm finally thinking about getting it calibrated.

I have a Hi-Def Sat receiver & a progressive scan DVD-Changer. I want the best picture possible. What can/should I ask to be done & how much can I expect to pay?
What should be redone yearly? Has anyone in Minnesota had their TV calibrated? One like mine? Who did you use and are you happy with the results?

Thanks,
Chris

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Chris

ISF calibration is setting the gray scale to 6500D and then doing the front panel controls. The ISF price is $275?

Additional grey scales are $150 each? Additional work is at an hourly rate, as is mileage charges.

Most calibrators only do gray scale. Some will focus work, geometry work, convergence work. Some (like myself) also have package pricing. I charge $400 for a full meal deal on one input, or $550 for thr FMD on 2 inputs (2 gray scales).

FWIW, I will be in Minneapolis in September for CEDIA. Let me know if I may be of assistance to you.

Regards
Gregg

Chris Ryan

Agent
Thanks for the reply Gregg! I'd love to have you do the calibration, if you would. I know many people on the forum are very happy with your work. What needs to be redone yearly? How much will the convergence drift, or don't I have to worry about that?

Thanks,
Chris

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Gray scale should be considered every year, I have seen definite green / red shifting after 1 years time on some sets. But this depends on useage.

Convergence drifts (this is normal). With the Pioneer sets touching up convergence is easy to do in the user menu. You should take the 30 minutes to do this every 4-8 weeks. Always make sure the set has been on 30-60 minutes prior to performing.

Ill send you an email.
Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks