What's new
World Wide Stereo

Pioneer Elite1410 Plasma vs. Yamaha DXP-1100 DLP Projector (1 Viewer)

RalphR

Grip
I have a couple of questions. I have the chance to get one or the other of these two units...a big Pioneer Elite 1410HD 61" plasma or a nice Yamaha DLP projector (DXP-1100) with a 110" screen and would like the opinions of you HTF experts on which one you'd prefer and why.

Secondly, I have heard a lot of mixed reaction to HDMI. Since both of the units I'm looking at have the option of HDMI and component video which method would give me the best picture quality consistently? Thanks in advance for any input!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
HDMI, at least today, is kind of a crippled child. It is designed to carry both audio and video over a single connection but I haven't seen where that's been implemented yet. Most sources seem to use it for video only. There may be applications using it's full capabilities of which I am unaware.

I've compared DVI vs component on my system and found the DVI connection to be slightly superior....not a great amount, but enough to notice from an HD cable STB to a plasma display.

Tough call on your display choices. If I had both the space and better lighting control in my HT area, I think I would have looked into projection. The PDP panel worked out better for my area.

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks