What's new

Pioneer EliTe vs Yamaha (opinions plz) (1 Viewer)

Tom_Es

Auditioning
I would wait for the Yamaha 1400 - It would be in your pricerange, and do automatic adjustment of your speakers, including parametric equalization. (using a microphone, so it is fully automatic.) It should be out in a few days/couple of weeks.

Don Barduca

Stunt Coordinator
The auto MCACC is great, but the deals available on the 43TX right now make it very attractive.
I second that. The auto MCACC is great, but look at the price upgrade to the 53tx for that feature..., my opinion, but I wouldn't pay for that. Stick to the 43tx.

Most places were advertising for about $200 more for the 43tx before it's discontinuation. It's a steal.

Will^B

Grip
Hmmm 43 starting to sound like what i may go with,

Tom_Es.. Where can i find info on the v1400? I googled couldnt find anything even went to yamaha websites and browsed but couldn't find any info.
If you have a link or something would love it.

Ya 53 runs around 300ish more then 43 it seems.. how complicated is the manual MCACC to setup? Im new to this home audio stuff :)

Hmmm reading up on the 45 atm...

Thanks again for all the replies.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Will you may want to skip the manual if you're new. While not complicated it'd be much easier to let the receiver do it for you.

Daniel Smith

Jon Musil

Stunt Coordinator
I got a new 43TX for $450 shipped from soundpros.com about a month ago and it rocks! It doesn't have OSD or auto MCACC but at the prices this unit is going for it can't be beat IMHO. Good luck!

Jon

Edwin_C

Stunt Coordinator
the 1400 isn't released it. it'll be upcoming. yamaha doesn't advertise speakers that haven't been released. go on google and search for RX-V1400.

Will^B

Grip
well went by the local dealer today... they want $1,200 for 45tx.. so looks like im gonna be buying online as its like 700-800 on most sites..

Preatty mindset on getting this its few hundred more then i was hoping to spend but this way it will hopefully last me a bit longer and I will enjoy it more :)

Few quick questions if no one minds..

What exactly can you do with the USB hookup? Obviously you can connect your computer to it, does it just take computer sound and relay it to your speakers?

And like I have said before im new to most of this stuff, I was reading on the back of my floor speakers (my old ass ones) checking ohms to make sure everything was good for them to run with my elite untill i can upgrade and it says to make sure you hook up speakers before you plug in your receiver.. is this true? I sure enough don't wanna fuck anything up :)

Also does anyone know certain websites to STAY AWAY from ordering? I read buncha review on crazyeddies and it seems that ordering there is a HUGE gamble with your money..

Well thanks again :)

Don Barduca

Stunt Coordinator
The USB is as you listed it. The 45tx acts like a soundcard for MP3 files and the like.

As for the 45tx online ordering, that is hit and miss. You won't find a online retailer from which Pioneer will honor the Manufacturer's Warranty, but since you'd have to pay $400 more at your local B&M, I'd say the warranty ain't worth it and to buy online. Call online retailers, if they have a 45tx in stock and it's A-stock factory sealed, then buy it. All the shady e-tailor's won't have it in stock and will have to back order it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks