What's new

Pioneer Elite PRO 520HD (1 Viewer)

Jeff_Galvin

Auditioning
After much research, including generous information from this forum and checking into the LCD projector arena, I popped for a Pioneer Elite RP and I am very happy with it. I looked at many similar units in the $2000-3000 range, but there is a difference. Of course, the law of diminishing returns applies here in that the Pioneer is not twice as good although it cost twice as much. Several other friends who are 'into' HT have seen it and said "Dude, that rocks." I suppose in any field there is the item that (other than the money spent) will leave the buyer without regrets or second thoughts. I think the Pioneer Elite RPTV is one of those items. After all the things I thought about doing for home theatre and then just wheeling something in, plugging it in and I am done, there was kind of tinkerer's letdown - until I popped in my first movie. Another point to consider on this unit (especially in the WAF area) is the fact that top and side is not an exposed hunk of plastic but rather a finely finished item of furniture that does not look ugly or overwhelming despite its size. For what's worth, I thought I would share a success story. Any questions on the unit are welcome.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Congats., Jeff,
I'm sure you're excited about the new Elite RPTV. I purchased a PRO-620HD several weeks ago, and am extremely pleased with me set!!
A few days ago I bought a DV-47Ai to replace my DV-505 DVD player. I now am the proud owner of a completely Elite system. My LAST upgrade will be next year when I replace my VSX-09TX with a VSX-49TXi receiver. My other componants are a PDR-19RW CD Recorder and a PD-M59 Multi-Play CD Player.
My other units consist of a HTS-5000 Monster Power Center, and a Carver AV-705x 5 channel amp. These all push my Paradigm Monitor 7's, 5's, and CC-350 speakers. Top that off with a Paradigm PW-2200 sub, and I have the best system of anyone I know.
Jeff, what has helped me acquire such an awesome system is the fact that my wife has worked at Pioneer Industrial Components for nearly 15 years. I LOVE PIONEER ELITE, and my WIFE!!;)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Aaron,

Go for it! Beats any Mits or Tosh out there!!

Dayton....not far from Middletown. I'd like to get a group from this area together for a HTF meet sometime.

Drop me a line if interested!!

greg_t

Screenwriter
I think the prices in the press release are a little high. For example, the release lists the price of the 530 at 5,999. OneCall has it listed on their website at 4,500.

Jeff_Galvin

Auditioning
I got my Pioneer Elite 53 at a local high-end dealer, being willing to pay for the service, the quality time they spent with me, and their help should anything go wrong - things that are not available at Fry's. I paid $5400. I have seen them used on ebay as low as $800 (of course the shipping is going to be close to that also). I vote for spending more at a quality shop with educated staff - if anything goes wrong with it, I have a person who will genuinely help me. I am also a good customer now and I can stop by for an hour and ask them questions about this and that and they are also helpful. I like that. They can be less expensive on the web, but check the shipping costs added in before deciding. It is too big and heavy to be sent over any normal channels and shipping is gonna cost you big. At my local store, I got free delivery on a day of my choice....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks