What's new

Pioneer DV-45A And No voice sound ? (1 Viewer)

Deasun

Auditioning
Good evening,

Just got this machine hooked up. Sound track on DVD discs sound good. Still not sure if SW is working. But main problem is the voice track is extremly low. You can barely here it and we have the sound up very high.

Change the settings to 2 channel and voice comes in no problem. We have it hooked up to a surround sound 5.1 Onxyo system. It was to replace our Panasonic A-300 which worked great. Had no DVD-Audio and the Season 2 Stargate box set would show no vidio except for Menus.

Got the 45A as it seemed to do everything we wanted, but record.

What are we doing wrong with it ? We're at a loss and very close to packing the whole thing back up and returning it.

Help !!!!!
Thanks
Deasun & Judy

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Just a guess....

There is a setting in the menu that turns on the 5.1 analog out. If that is off, then all you get is the L&R channels. Could be wrong, but I would double check that.

If you have a test DVD (Avia, VE, etc.), you can test each channel individually. Barring that, you will need to use the internal test tones.

BGL

Deasun

Auditioning
Good evening,

Thanks for the help.
We found out what we did.
Our receiver has a button on the remote called 'Multi-Channel'. Some how we missed that button from the host of other buttons on that remote.

Note! Allways turn down the volume before you start hitting buttons on your receivers remote. We nearly blew ourselves out of the room when I found that Multi-channel button.

By the way the player is awesome. DVD-Audio is very good. Wish there was more of my favorites on the format.

Well thanks again.
Feeling foolish.
Deasun

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks