What's new

Pioneer and SACD (1 Viewer)

I currently use a Pioneer SACD/DVD-A player through a Sony 6.1 receiver. I've been considering lately to upgrade to a new Pioneer or Pioneer elite receiver, but I took a look at one and could not spot the multichannel inputs for SACD. Do Pioneer receivers even support SACD playback?

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I'll bite... What the heck Pio Elite were you looking at that didn't have multi-channel inputs? And most also have iLink, I thought?

I don't think you'll find anything that has inputs marked specifically SACD, if that's what you expected. Many/most receivers & pre/pro's connect via the multi-channel inputs, w/ some models offering a digital one-cable option (that obviously needs the same connectivity option out of the source unit).

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
TimMc is right, I believe ALL of the Pio Elites have multichannel analog inputs. It's actually kind of tough to find a receiver that doesn't, unless you look at the lowest models.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks