What's new

Pioneer 563A vs Any other near priced player for interlaced video (1 Viewer)

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
I've been looking for a replacement for my Apex DVD player - which just has about the worst pickup on any DVD player I've ever experienced. Coincidentally I got this eons before I truly got into Home Theater and HiFi.

Anyways - I've been thinking about getting the Pioneer 563A because of it's decent versatility with being a budget universal player but the more I think about it, the more it seems like a waste of money since I won't even be using the progressive aspect of it nor do I envision myself purchasing tons of a single hirez audio medium till one of the two has been standardized as the norm.

I currently have 2 32" Sony TVs - I'm probably going to be selling the newer Wega one since it makes more frequency noise than I would like. I dont really see myself getting a HDTV till it's closer to the 2005/2006 HDTV conversion date because I watch a lot of Standard Def Television.

- - - -

so bottom line, is there a better player for me? Or does anyone have any suggestions for a better TV that might be able to do progressive while still having excellent Standard Def TV ? (I use DirecTv)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks