What's new

Pioneer 533 or 633 (2 Viewers)

Scott Reiss

Agent
I've been looking to get a DVR with a HDD, and was looking closely at the Pioneer 533 or 633 models. But it looks like they are pretty much unavailable - looking at mysimon, pricegrabber, shopping.com and amazon.com. If one is available, it's selling for ABOVE MSRP. So, I'm wondering if this item is particularly popular, or is it just time for a product line refresh, and these are now the older models selling out of inventory.

Anyone have any insights? Should I switch to looking at different mfrs ... or just wait a couple weeks for new models to be released? Any tips on new models that would be highly recommended?

Thanks, SAR

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Scott, it does appear that there is a new model coming out in June (and with quite a few new features).

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...832573,00.html

I've not been keeping up with recorder news as I'm pretty set for the moment with 2 Pioneer 420s and a Toshiba XS-32. While the incorporation of the EPG in the 533 and 633 is a big change from my model, I can say my Pioneers have been working wonderfully.

Good luck in your search!

Scott Reiss

Agent
Elizabeth, thanks for the link. That new unit does look impressive. I may have no choice but to wait for it to be released, based on availability of current models!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks