What's new

Pinnacle Quantum or Bose Lifestyle ... Which would you choose?? (1 Viewer)

I have a choice of either picking up a Pinnacle Quantum 5-speaker (including subwoofer) or Bose Lifestyle system for an unbelievable price -

I know you guys arent too fond of either hahahahaha ...
But if you had to choose , which would you feel is better quality & better sounding ... Any help is greatly appreciated !!!!!

BryanZ

Screenwriter
HSU Ventriloquist/VTF-2 combo for $660 delivered. Of the two listed, Pinnacle though you will still need to get a true sub with either.

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
Honestly, I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone here who would recommend a Bose system over the sound of their own bodily orifice simply because people around here (in general, and I'm one of them) don't want Bose suckering another customer.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Can you tell us what the unbelieveable price is? If it is $600 or more I would recommend going with the advice above and picking up the Hsu system with a sub. I really think you'll be a lot happier. Now if you're talking about getting one for like $200 or $300 bucks then buy both and sell the bose to a sucker on Ebay for a couple thousand bucks.

Robert*S

Stunt Coordinator
Having heard a $3000 Bose system, (that was blown away by my $300 JBL Northridge setup) I would heartily recommend anything (including white van speakers :D) over Bose.
I have not heard the Pinnacle system so I can't help you there but I have heard Bose properly setup in a HT and was NOT impressed.

DarwinH

Auditioning
Joseph,

I picked up the Pinnacle Quantum Subsonic 5.1 system about a month ago. I have been extremely pleased with the system. I may not be as critical as some in here but to me it sounds great. The satellites sound good and look good and the mounting choices are extremely versatile. Pivoting stand enables vertical positioning or horizontal (center channel). Also wall or ceiling mount at virtually any angle with included brackets.

The sub also does a very good job for the price. I am powering this with a Denon 1804 and re-watching my movie collection. The upgrade from my previous 2-speaker system is literally night and day.

I have no experience at all with any Bose systems. Would you mind telling me what price you are looking at for the Pinnacle system? Try a search on Google for the Pinnacle Quantum Subsonic and you will find several reviews on the system. I have yet to find a negative one. They all say this system beats almost any competition at this price.

Please let us know what you eventually decide on and if you have ANY questions at all on the Pinnacles please ask me. I am far from an expert but would be happy to share any information I can and try to answer your questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks