What's new

Pin Up Girl, Weekend In Havana, Making Love And More 2/7/2006 (1 Viewer)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
According to DVD Planet Feb 7, 2006 will see the release of "Pin Up Girl" , "Weekend in Havana" "Making Love", "Daddy Long Legs", "Last American Hero" "Blood and Wine" along with apparently reissues of "Cleopatra", "Mash" and "French Connection".

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
"Making Love" ??!!

Now that's one movie I thought would never see the DVD light of day. A mediocre film at best, it was, however, one of the first Hollywood films to deal openly and honestly with homosexuality. Not to mention, it practically killed Harry Hamlin's career (I believe it did kill Michael Ontkean's career).

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
PIN UP GIRL is hardly Betty Grable's finest hour; there are so many others that are better!
:frowning:

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Pin Up Girl may not be the best Grable picute, but since this seems to be the first wave of a batch of Classic Fox musicals, (3 titles on the same date), Fox might be releasing other Grable's in May.
And then sure we will see Down Argentine Way, Moon Over Miami, Tin Pan Alley...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

that was my second reaction (the first being "cool! finally a Betty Grable title..." :)

now if i (and others) pass on a second tier BG title, does that mean Fox will squash plans to relesase the better ones?
shame they couldn't just kick it off with DAW or MOM.

hell, why not just kick out a 4 or 5 disc boxset?

Charles H

Screenwriter
They probably selected PIN-UP GIRL because of the title identification with Grable herself. It's undistinguished (Whatever happened to John Harvey, her leading man and who cares?) It would be nice if they did a Grable-Dan Dailey boxset (MOTHER WORE TIGHTS, WHEN MY BABY SMILES AT ME -- Dailey was nominated for a Best Actor Oscar--MY BLUE HEAVEN, and CALL ME MISTER). Hope Sony gets around to releasing the CinemaScopic THREE FOR THE SHOW with Gable and Jack Lemmon!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I have all of Betty's Fox musicals on vidtape except When My Baby Smile at Me which I have been looking for for years.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
How about "Hello Frisco Hello" which includes the song "You'll Never Know" or "Springtime In the Rockies"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks