What's new

Pimp your PC (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Just another lighted external HD enclosure. Nothing original, but theirs does look pretty slick. :)

I thought this was going to be an internal harddrive where they added some LED's and a clear cover. I've seen people manually mod their drives to do that and they look really cool.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Yeah I was hoping for the same Jason. I've been oogling some of the speeze enclosures at newegg with all of their glowy goodnes :). Though I ended up getting something not so flashy for my external hard drive.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Personally I find that the whole modding craze has begun to cause a bit of backlash in me, at least.

IMHO, computer innards aren't all that pretty, so adding windows and lights inside them seems pretty redundant.

When I bought my new case a while back, it was an extremely staid Antec P180 - aluminium side panels and black plastic edges, with a minimum of glow from blue buttons in the front and a blue glow from the powersupply in the back.

Heck, I'm a grownup; time to give up the pimp boxes. ;)

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
my only problem is with the pre-modded stuff. Man I was so proud when I modded a window into my first case. Made a fanbus and did all kinds of cool stuff to it. But now you can just go buy a dressed up case from the retail store and call it good. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.