What's new

Pig....Cult Horror? Anyone familiar with this title? (1 Viewer)

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
From Laser's Edge: Pig, a film depicting the relationship between a killer and his victim where all lines are crossed, blending fantasy and reality. This poetic film is a transformation of the subsconscious mind of a killer, graphically showing the manifestation of itself into abstract forms and material, all deriving from his suffering and desperation. Pig was the debut undergroud short film by Dutch born Nico B.
A very bizarre cover for a very bizarre sounding film....link to Laser's Edge info for this title....
I'm considering a blind purchase of this title...it looks strange and interesting, but I've never heard of the director or the musician, artist, writer Rozz Williams, who apparently performed at least one of those functions on this film.
Thoughts?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I have the DVD*. It's worth a viewing or two. PIG is a short film, about 23 minutes long. I can't compare it to anything else that you might have seen. Some of it is graphic, although not necessarily intense. The soundtrack was, for me, the most interesting part, filled with industrial and mechanical sounds. The film has no dialogue. The supplements are Criterion-quality including a cool 40-page booklet entitled Why God Permits Evil that is a replica of what is used in the film.
Digitally Obsessed!.com has a good review:
http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/sho...w.php3?ID=3441
* Actually, I have it for sale on eBay as I don't plan to watch it very often in the future.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the various review links, guys! I'm still not too sure about this one though. Think I'll check to see if Netflix offers this title as a rental...Greg (the only person responding who has actually seen it) is selling it, so that causes me concern for a purchase.
Jim...why didn't you make that suggestion earlier, when I still HAD some sanity?! :)
Thanks again for the responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks