Photo Documentary on Home Stereos --- Need Help/Input

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Brandon A, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Brandon A

Brandon A Agent

I have a photo assignment to do a documentary series. I had an idea about doing something related to home theater/home stereos. Thinking about it some more I thought I could do mini-interviews with various people, taking pictures of their setup (ranging from laptop speakers to the full shabang (or as close as I can come)), asking them what music means to them, and then what their speakers mean to them... to try and see if there is any kind of correlation between those who truly love music and the quality of speakers-- which I don't necessarily think there will be, in which case I will try to determine why not.

This is all just floating around, thought maybe someone would have some other ideas/input, please let me know if you do, thanks.

-Brandon

Moderators please move if this would better fit elsewhere, thanks.

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

It might be interesting to do a photo series on how home entertainment has evolved in general. From those old console TV's and speakers covered with that gold "burlapy" fabric to full blown DLP projectors and electrostatic speakers.

What are the requirements for your photos? Do they have to be original or can you use archived pictures?

What ever you come up with, I'm sure most here would be interested in seeing the finished product.

3. Mike Lenthol

Mike Lenthol Second Unit

Electrostatic? Booo! [​IMG] Planar, yay! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Brandon A

Brandon A Agent

I'm going to be headed to Arizona for Spring Break and am living in Southern California, anyone in those areas willing to help me out with my project by answering a couple quick questions and letting me photograph you with your setup?