What's new

Philly Area PBS (1 Viewer)

Trying to pick up WHYY on channel 55. I'm in the Norristown area, 10-12 miles from where I've read the transmitter is in Roxborough. I pull in CBS at 100 on the scale, ABC and Fox in the 70's but can't get more than an intermittent signal lock from PBS. I also don't get much more than that out of NBC.
I'm using the good ol' RS Double Bowtie hooked into the Tosh DST3000. I've tried moving it about as high as I can get it in the house and still no luck. NBC I don't really care about right now since I'm not a Jay Leno fan, but PBS does show some good stuff every so often.
Anyone around here pulling in WHYY on the double-bowtie?
Thanks,
Dan

I sent an e-mail to WHYY "Talkback" and received an VERY quick response from their CTO confirming what I thought might be the case:
"WHYY-DT55 is transmitting at a medium power level at this point in development. Indoor reception off DTV signals can be very difficult and varying from channel to channel.
We have found that the additional of an antenna preamp. can make a difference. Of course, an outdoor, roof mounted antenna is optimum."
So it's time to go roof-climbing again if you want to enjoy Nova around Philly folks!
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks