phillips tv questions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by CraigC, Apr 6, 2005.

1. CraigC

CraigC Auditioning

Nov 2, 2003
    I am very pleased with my over all set up besides my tv which I am considering replacing soon.

I was browsing through the phillips outlet but wasn't really sure how good their tvs are.

They often have a really good deal on a widescreen hdtv 30" for under 400$ I usually think you get what you pay for but have read some good reviews about the tv.

However I do not watch a lot of movies, I play xbox on it and watch a few shows (maybe an hour a day)

Not watching a lot of widescreen dvd's should I stay away from the widescreen televisions? if so are other phillips tvs good?
  2. John S

John S Producer

Nov 4, 2003
    I really like their CRT RPTVs.

Do you watch a lot of DVD's??? If so, you would certainly start watching a lot of widescreen DVD's after you get your widescreen set.

Your 4:3 material will seem very very small on a 30" though, so be warned.

I always suggest at least a widescreen size that maintains at least the current/previous 4:3 displays size for those that are for the 1st time making the jump from 4:3 displays to a 16:9 display.

I bought a 4:3 as I have just 100's of Laserdiscs, the 4:3 makes it nice for them. The Native 16:9 mode makes it nice for HD / scaled to 1080i DVD for me.

So there is a lot to think about there.