What's new

phillips tv questions (1 Viewer)

CraigC

Auditioning
I am very pleased with my over all set up besides my tv which I am considering replacing soon.

I was browsing through the phillips outlet but wasn't really sure how good their tvs are.

They often have a really good deal on a widescreen hdtv 30" for under 400$ I usually think you get what you pay for but have read some good reviews about the tv.

However I do not watch a lot of movies, I play xbox on it and watch a few shows (maybe an hour a day)

Not watching a lot of widescreen dvd's should I stay away from the widescreen televisions? if so are other phillips tvs good?

John S

Senior HTF Member
The direct view Philips HDTV's are OK.
I really like their CRT RPTVs.

Do you watch a lot of DVD's??? If so, you would certainly start watching a lot of widescreen DVD's after you get your widescreen set.

Your 4:3 material will seem very very small on a 30" though, so be warned.

I always suggest at least a widescreen size that maintains at least the current/previous 4:3 displays size for those that are for the 1st time making the jump from 4:3 displays to a 16:9 display.

I bought a 4:3 as I have just 100's of Laserdiscs, the 4:3 makes it nice for them. The Native 16:9 mode makes it nice for HD / scaled to 1080i DVD for me.

So there is a lot to think about there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks