What's new

Phillips HT in a box w/ DVD player (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Mark, I don't think it has DTS. With a 50 watt power sub I can understand why it doesn't do DTS. I know he can get a JVC or Kenwood for about the same price and choose a DVD player to boot. 471.00 plus dollars is to much for something with out DTS, even this day and age. Heck I've seen you post here alot Use the force that's the HTF force, it's strong in you
wink.gif

------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Thanks for the reply Jerome and yes I know that dts for us is a must have no brainer but believe me when I say my brother would not care nor do I think on that system it would make much difference. He wants Phillips as that is what the TV and I think one of those VCR?? things is.
wink.gif

My only concern was whether it is a real piece of $hit compared to the other HT in a box kits or if it holds its own.
I know the JVC one was givin high marks around here and that is the one I recommend to him but he likes the fact that this one comes with the DVD player and that it is all Phillips stuff.
Just wondering if anyone has heard or seen this system, thats all.
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks