What's new

PHE Press Release: The Ten Commandments (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

buckmichaels

Agent
Real Name
Mike
I bought the new blu-ray disc that Paramount put out last year, I already owned it on blu-ray, but didn't have the silent version. I will upgrade to the new 4K, I hate double dipping, but this is one of my top favorite movies, and I'm excited Paramount seems to be getting more interested in physical disc releases of their old movies! "The Court Jester" is arriving today!!

Reactions: PMF

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
For those digitally inclined, every now and then iTunes has the silent one marked down to $4.99.
Currently $14.99 on iTunes in Canada.
NO ATMOS - NO SALE :D!
Dolby Atmos organ track?
buythat.gif

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
One of my Grandma's Commandments was "never pay full retail for anything!"

Target has this on sale as part of their Target Circle 20% off sale

1611702670001.png

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Dude -try searching for titles by the company that issued them - but to quote Candid Camera "A Benny shaved is a Benny urned" :D!

My point was that the 20% off works on The Ten Commandments 4K, even though Target's own verbiage about the offer states that the discount does not apply to pre-orders.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My point was that the 20% off works on The Ten Commandments 4K, even though Target's own verbiage about the offer states that the discount does not apply to pre-orders.
My point is that the Target.com is a meck-of-a-hess and they are consistent about being inconsistent.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
You may not have had your player properly connected. Were you using its HDMI output?
Robert,

Can you tell us what sound elements were used for this version and which elements were used for the laserdisc? I am talking about the very first laserdisc which I believe Joe Caps worked on. I notice a huge difference in all things stereo between the two. For instance, on the laserdisc, the shots of the huge cast (and all their voices) seem to be in true stereo, yet on the blu-ray box set they are in mono, but the music is spectacular on the blu-ray and less so on the laserdisc. Just curious as to the differences, as I have seen it posted a few places that some people wish they had remastered the laserdisc audio track.

Attachments

• ten commandments laserdisc.jpg
    ten commandments laserdisc.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Pre-ordered (naturally). But having very recently watched the latest BD from the box set, I just can't imagine it looking or sounding any better than the 4K (upconverted) eye candy that I witnessed coming out of my Sony 885ES. But I sincerely hope that I'll be proven wrong.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Pre-ordered (naturally). But having very recently watched the latest BD from the box set, I just can't imagine it looking or sounding any better than the 4K (upconverted) eye candy that I witnessed coming out of my Sony 885ES. But I sincerely hope that I'll be proven wrong.
In cases such as these, being proven wrong can be a beautiful thing.:)
One of my Grandma's Commandments was "never pay full retail for anything!"

Target has this on sale as part of their Target Circle 20% off sale

View attachment 86973
One would’ve thought that the natural marketing tie-in might’ve been TEN % off. But I’ll take to that 20% off with no problem.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks