What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

PHE Press Release: It’s A Wonderful Life (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
So a Blu Ray edition of the B&W restoration is NOT available? This won’t be released on Blu Ray by itself?

The new restoration is only on UHD?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That’s not correct.

There are two product configurations:

1) 4K UHD Disc Of Restored B&W version, includes Colorized Version on separate Blu-ray bonus disc.

2) Blu-ray Disc Of Restored B&W version, includes Colorized Version on separate Blu-ray bonus disc.

What there does not appear to be is a package that includes the new restoration on both UHD and BD in the same set.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So a Blu Ray edition of the B&W restoration is NOT available? This won’t be released on Blu Ray by itself?

The new restoration is only on UHD?
Check my Pre-order Listing link below and under October 29th there are two listings, one for Blu-ray and the other for 4K/UHD. Both of them have the restoration. The Blu-ray release has it on Blu-ray disc while the 4K/UHD release has it on 4K/UHD disc only.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/amazon-pre-orders/

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
im assuming most are keeping their 2009 blu ray set?

I couldn’t believe the release was 10 years old!!!

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Check my Pre-order Listing link below and under October 29th there are two listings, one for Blu-ray and the other for 4K/UHD. Both of them have the restoration. The Blu-ray release has it on Blu-ray disc while the 4K/UHD release has it on 4K/UHD disc only.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/amazon-pre-orders/
Thanks for the clarifacation. I wasn't sure if the Blu ray had the new Restoration or the old master.

I will be buying this.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
So the only way this new restoration comes is in UHD Black and white with colonized version?

North American product configurations - two options:
-UHD release contains two discs: a UHD with the 2018 restoration in B&W, and a BD with the 2009 colorized version. Also includes a digital copy code.

-BD release contains two discs: a BD with the 2018 restoration in B&W, and a BD with the 2009 colorized version. Also includes a digital copy code.

The United Kingdom UHD release includes the UHD disc of the 2018 B&W restoration and the BD disc of the 2018 B&W restoration.

Last edited:

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
The United Kingdom UHD release includes the UHD disc of the 2018 B&W restoration, the BD disc of the 2018 B&W restoration and a BD disc of the 2009 colorized version.

There is no blu-ray of the colourised version included.

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So the only way this new restoration comes is in UHD Black and white with colonized version?
No, the Amazon USA link I provided is the Blu-ray version of the new restoration. I haven't checked Canada so perhaps it's available on Amazon-CA site too? Also, you can purchase the Blu-ray restoration when you purchased the UK 4K release. I think it's also available as a separate UK Blu-ray release.

RJGT

Agent
Real Name
Richard Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks