What's new

PHE Press Release: It’s A Wonderful Life (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I followed this link and got the following message:

This item is no longer available in new condition.
See similar items below.

It appears they changed the SKU to 7 digit code which at least gives a chance it will be carried in store. Still 19.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/its-a-...-blu-ray-blu-ray-1946/6371092.p?skuId=6371092

Amazon link or not, they have lost all my confidence or goodwill they had at one point. My order will be going just about anywhere else. Even when they stopped actively competing with prices, the one thing they used to be able to claim is Delivery Certainty and excellent Customer service. The former has been exploded to where it seems to be among the worst among all retailers and the latter has fallen drastically with increasingly common "Nothing we can do" and bordering on rude "Take it or leave it, we're Amazon" attitude

Last edited:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It appears they changed the SKU to 7 digit code which at least gives a chance it will be carried in store. Still 19.99

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/its-a-...-blu-ray-blu-ray-1946/6371092.p?skuId=6371092

Amazon link or not, they have lost any confidence or goodwill they had at one point. My order will be going just about anywhere else. Even when they stopped actively competing with prices, the one thing they used to be able to claim is Delivery Certainty and excellent Customer service. The former has been exploded to where it seems to be among the worst among all retailers and the latter has fallen drastically with increasingly common "Nothing we can do" and bordering on rude "Take it or leave it, we're Amazon" attitude

That’s too bad things have not gone well.

I have a gift card which is why I’m ordering from them. I haven’t experienced too many problems with amazon overall.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That’s too bad things have not gone well.

I have a gift card which is why I’m ordering from them. I haven’t experienced too many problems with amazon overall.

I have abotu $50-60 in Gift Cards as well, but I'll have to wait on non Media stuff to buy from them. The last time I got $100 Christmas GC in 2015 or so I think it took until October to spend it.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I have abotu $50-60 in Gift Cards as well, but I'll have to wait on non Media stuff to buy from them. The last time I got $100 Christmas GC in 2015 or so I think it took until October to spend it.

I keep waiting because there have been so many UHd title release just announced it to be announced for late this year.

Plus... November is coming!!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would order this from BestBuy now, but the problem I have with them is that they charge your card immediately even if the title's release is weeks/months away.

I budget my releases to be charged when they ship. So, for me, Amazon is always the better choice.

Of course, the rest of us are still sitting here waiting for the preorder to be added.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I would order this from BestBuy now, but the problem I have with them is that they charge your card immediately even if the title's release is weeks/months away.

I budget my releases to be charged when they ship. So, for me, Amazon is always the better choice.

Of course, the rest of us are still sitting here waiting for the preorder to be added.

Thank you. I didn’t realize that bb did this!!

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Never had BBY charge me anything other than the usual Temp/Pre-auth/Pending Charge until shipment.
Actually on my BBY VISA you can't even see that, but on other CC I can see it for a couple days then of course is goes away. I can't say if it functions the same with a Debit Card

I have realized over time that some people consider these temp/preauth the same as a final charge since it affects their Credit Limit for a few days, but that doesn't affect the monthly payment due until it's finalized

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well folks, this should make many people very happy. I never thought Paramount would released it, but "It's a Wonderful Life" and it's one of those titles that keeps getting physical media releases across various home video formats.

The 4K/Dolby Vision digital on iTunes looks fantastic so people should buy it.
After some thought, I'm going to pass on this 4K/UHD disc release. I bought this film title, three different times on DVD and then bought it twice again on Blu-ray. I bought the HD Digital from iTunes during the iTunes Christmas Holiday sale in 2017, for $4.99 as I wanted the ability to watch it without having to pull a disc out of my disc library. In November, 2018 for free that iTunes HD Digital upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision and it has the same new Bonus Material including the Colorized Version as this upcoming October 29th 4K/UHD release. A difficult decision to pass on this disc release, but I'm running out of room for disc storage and I'm very happy with the 4K/DV stream of this great film.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm going to pass as well but for a different reason. I would purchase a 4k UHD with a corresponding B&W blu ray. Have absolutely no desire to own a colorized version.

Exactly. This went from must-buy to must-boycott for that reason. I've heard all the attempted defenses of colorization and I don't buy any of them, especially after CBS/Paramount cancelled any future I Love Lucy Blu-ray season sets so they could sell colorized best-of DVDs.

Mark VH

Second Unit
Finding it kind of hilarious that people have spent the last year complaining that Paramount wasn't making the It's a Wonderful Life restoration available on physical media. Paramount has capitulated - in 4K UHD, no less! - and now people are complaining that it's not done EXACTLY the way they want it.

The colorized disc is a bonus feature for people who want it (since they're not putting it in 4K). I don't. But to DEMAND that Paramount include the B&W Blu in the 4K package and boycott when they don't is frankly ridiculous. if you want the film in UHD, buy it. If you want film on Blu-ray, buy it. If you want to grouse and complain and boycott because they had the gall to include a colorized version then brother, I can't help you.

I'm going to (quite happily) buy the Blu-ray as I haven't yet upgraded to 4K and enjoy the best possible 1080p presentation of a film I love dearly.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Finding it kind of hilarious that people have spent the last year complaining that Paramount wasn't making the It's a Wonderful Life restoration available on physical media. Paramount has capitulated - in 4K UHD, no less! - and now people are complaining that it's not done EXACTLY the way they want it.

The colorized disc is a bonus feature for people who want it (since they're not putting it in 4K). I don't. But to DEMAND that Paramount include the B&W Blu in the 4K package and boycott when they don't is frankly ridiculous. if you want the film in UHD, buy it. If you want film on Blu-ray, buy it. If you want to grouse and complain and boycott because they had the gall to include a colorized version then brother, I can't help you.

I'm going to (quite happily) buy the Blu-ray as I haven't yet upgraded to 4K and enjoy the best possible 1080p presentation of a film I love dearly.
Still, it would have been nice to also include the Black and White Blu-ray with the 4K UHD set. It might have served as an incentive for some who don't yet have 4K players to future proof. Just my 2 cents.

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks