What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Indiana Jones 4-Movie Movie Collection (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The first Alien film has already been released on 4K UHD. The remaining three films have not.
Yes I know- I bought Alien (looks very nice, in my opinion). I didn’t make my point clear- it sucks that we can’t pick and choose which films we want to own if we can’t get the individual titles- I don’t think I want to have the 2nd and 4th Indy films, and I know I don’t want the 3rd and 4th Alien films, so I’ll have films in my collection that I have no interest in watching.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yes I know- I bought Alien (looks very nice, in my opinion). I didn’t make my point clear- it sucks that we can’t pick and choose which films we want to own if we can’t get the individual titles- I don’t think I want to have the 2nd and 4th Indy films, and I know I don’t want the 3rd and 4th Alien films, so I’ll have films in my collection that I have no interest in watching.
But the Alien films are from Fox / Disney, who has a history of releasing film series individually. It's Universal which has the poor history of just releasing them in a set only - - Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, etc.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Standalone Blu-ray release of Raiders

A1Ranp34pCL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Just a blu-ray and no 4K? That gives me hope that it is indeed a new restoration. I suppose it could just be a repackaging of the 2012 blu-ray. I love the use of the original title and poster.
The blu-ray is a repackaging of the old disc.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Are you certain of this?
Yes, The Digital Bits reported it today.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
One 4K/UHD standalone of Raiders will be sufficient enough, for me.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It seems to me that if the Blu-ray reissue was a new transfer, they would probably include it in the 4K box set.

Since the press release makes clear that the 4K box set does not include any regular HD Blu-ray copies, I think it is reasonable to assume that they aren't doing any work on new Blu-ray releases.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It seems to me that if the Blu-ray reissue was a new transfer, they would probably include it in the 4K box set.

Since the press release makes clear that the 4K box set does not include any regular HD Blu-ray copies, I think it is reasonable to assume that they aren't doing any work on new Blu-ray releases.
I wouldn't make that assumption. Amazon has added a Blu-ray release for the 4-Movie Collection and I'm thinking it's derived from the new transfer. My issue with Paramount is that the 4K 4-Movie Collection should be cheaper than $80 if you're not going to include the Blu-rays. I understand they might be experimenting with not including BDs with the 4K disc releases, but don't be charging us the same price point as beforehand with the BDs included with 4K disc releases.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I wouldn't make that assumption. Amazon has added a Blu-ray release for the 4-Movie Collection and I'm thinking it's derived from the new transfer.

I didn't know that. Cool. I was hoping they might do that and willl pre-order it. I don't need the 4Ks, but have yet to upgrade from the DVDs. So this will do nicely.

Do you mean Paramount?

That being said, I agree with your point. There is some time between now and June, so you never know; the price might drop again. I suppose they're thinking that $80 for four 4Ks is $20 apiece, which isn't too bad. But I still agree with your point.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I wouldn't make that assumption. Amazon has added a Blu-ray release for the 4-Movie Collection and I'm thinking it's derived from the new transfer.

According to Bill Hunt, they are not from the new transfers. He said yesterday:
In more recent classics, we’ve learned that Paramount’s planned Blu-ray re-issues of the Indiana Jones films (due on 6/8) will all be the same discs released previously, just repackaged. Some of you had asked about this, so now you know.

And yes, Paramount is charging the same while not including the blu-rays. They did the same thing for the Coming To America (1988) 4k disc, which only came with a 4k disc and digital code.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
According to Bill Hunt, they are not from the new transfers. He said yesterday:
In more recent classics, we’ve learned that Paramount’s planned Blu-ray re-issues of the Indiana Jones films (due on 6/8) will all be the same discs released previously, just repackaged. Some of you had asked about this, so now you know.

And yes, Paramount is charging the same while not including the blu-rays. They did the same thing for the Coming To America (1988) 4k disc, which only came with a 4k disc and digital code.
My responses to both actions by Paramount is that it's a BS move on their part! What a freaking joke by a major studio to its consumer base. In protest, I won't be buying any of these discs and will get by with the iTunes HD digitals that might, if I'm lucky enough, upgrade to 4K. Because it's Paramount even that might be in doubt. Furthermore, I only really love the first movie anyway, so screw them since they're doing the same thing towards us, the consumers.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Added Blu-ray set to the preorders in the original post (if anyone really cares for it)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks