What's new

Petition Online Madness!!! (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I received a signature confirmation email today, congratulating me on my decision to sign some "licence live music for bars and pubs" petition and here's the issue: I didn't sign it. Not only that, when I checked out the list for my name, my FULL ADDRESS was listed! Now I'm angry. I sent off a quick reply to the email demanding my name be removed, and that some explanation of how my full address could come to be listed on the petition pages be given.

Anyone know how this could've happened? I never sign online petitions, so they couldn't have gotten it from a different petition. So what gives?

I won't link to the petition, because I don't want them to get any more signatures after such unethical behaviour. Not that I know that it was the petition makers who are looking for these extra names, but it would be the only reasonable explanation.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Obviously someone who knows you is padding their petition with other peoples info. THey should make these petitions with cookies so that people can't just fill in a lot of names and email addresses from the same computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks