What's new

PENNIES FROM HEAVEN-both versions! (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Just watched the movie and the reunion footage of those that were involved. i thought it VERY strange, when thanking those that were important to the production and could not be at the reunion...Ms. Peters' name was not mentioned. In fact, her name was never mention on the reunion footage. Anyone have any idea why she may have been so distanced?? Thought the movie was great and the disc presentation acceptable totally acceptable.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Not totally wrong, but you're referring to a very limited experiment from (I think) the 1920s. Microphones were placed along the front of the stage at a musical revue theatre. Each microphone was given a separate broadcast and by listening to the output of two microphones you could get a stereo effect. If I recall correctly, people thought it just a novelty and it didn't catch on. [Off-topic but possibly interesting. People were often slow to catch on to the idea of different inputs to different ears. E.g. during WWII a lot of RAF plane crashes were caused by pilots getting input from fellow pilots and ground control mixed in the same monaural signal. It took some time for the RAF to realise that by putting signals from other planes to one ear and ground control signals to the other, pilots were better able to cope with the messages.]

Back on topic - if you haven't seen the TV version, be warned that it's quite 'adult' in places. You get to see a lot of the lovely Cheryl Campbell (;)) and you'll never *ever* be able to think about lipstick in the same way again. :D

Keith M.

Second Unit
I purchased this movie blindly, and imho, thought it was awful. I just couldnt get into it, already sold it...

BTW, the picture quality was terrible. Very grainy and lots of specks of dirt. Looked like an old televised version...

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
No clue...unless she holds some ill will towards ex-boyfriend Steve Martin. I briefly met her a year ago in NYC. Perhaps I should have asked her to sign a copy of The Jerk DVD at the time and gauged her reaction. ;)

BarryR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BARRY RIVADUE
I think it has alot to do with personal reasons as stated above.

:b ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks