What's new

Peggy Sue Got Married Soundtrack Deluxe and original CD (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I recently learned of the Deluxe Edition Peggy Sue Got Married soundtrack CD that’s out of print. I found a copy luckily still sealed.

I’m glad to have found a copy because the first edition that’s only a partial score I own also from Varese Sarabande must be rotting. I played it several years ago before I ripped it and it tended to sound bad when you hear the strings. It was like a distortion. I thought it might have been a poor source. Last weekend I tried the old CD again and it was much worse! It was unlistenable. Whenever there is the string section, it’s like it’s shreiking. So it was really fortuitous that I found the Deluxe Edition. Sounds better and is a full score. It’s always great to add another John Barry score to the collection.

I don’t think I’ve ever encountered this happening to a CD before.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
My recollection is the original CD had terrible sound, for whatever reason. The deluxe is much better.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Neil. Thanks for chiming in. Hmm, I did read the liner notes on the outside of the CD case in the old disc and it does say the analog tapes were remixed for digital for extra clarity and punch! It also said the third track has some orchestral noise. It sounded to me like a very loud shrieking sound. Which is why I wondered if the old disc was going bad. Maybe my system is more revealing then my old one then. At any rate, agreed, the new Deluxe Editon sounds great!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thought I’d post about this soundtrack again. I’ve been listening to it all day. I was really busy at work on the computer and I was just in a mood, really humming along in my work and having fun. The score was just great listening. It’s another John Barry score that has another of his rich romantic themes. Melancholy and pensive too. It also has such a strong grouping of notes that I’ll hear again in Dances with Wolves and his Bond scores for the Roger Moore 1980’s era and Timothy Dalton era.

I heard an interview that spoke of Jerry Goldsmith loosing it towards his later career, whether true, I don’t know. But I think Barry just kept getting better and better with experience. Too bad he didn’t do Goldeneye. I have not heard all his film scores, I’m sure there’s a lot of great ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks