What's new

Pearl Harbor Vista Packaging Pic (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
The image that we have up on IGN DVD is the open packaging pic that BV put up on their US retailer/press site.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Oscar, you aren't the only one who liked Pearl Harbor :D
And I do plan on picking this up. Mostly for the extras, & I am curious to see what Mr. Bay has done. Armageddon's extended cut is better then the theatrical version,IMHO,so I have high hopes.
Everyone has their own tastes. I for one have no interest in Amelie . I'd rather have every release have decent packaging. (cough,WB,cough)
Calvin[

Oscar

Second Unit
Well i never brought the Criterion edition of Armageddon, becasue i couldn´t find it.

I might brought it from Amazon, i might give Pearl Harbor to my cousin who liked the film.

Or just keep both.

By the way in which is better the director´s cut of Armageddon than the theatrical cut?

Just curious.

Oscar

Second Unit
I also wonder if he could get out the girly stuff.

Like the cheesey lines. But just that.

He could redub them, boy did people complain of only 2 or 4 lines of dialogue.

As for the love story, it lacked the corny stuff that Titanic had.

Oscar

Second Unit
I liked Pearl Harbor a lot. And here are my favorite films.

1:Stand By Me
2:Empire Strikes Back
3:Jurassic Park
4:The Godfather 2
5:2001
6:Lawerence of Arabia
7:Amores Perros
8:Henry Fool
9: Y Tu Mama Tambien
10:Fellowship of the Ring
11:The Royal Tenenbaums
12: A.I.
13: Apocalypse Now
14:Saving Private Ryan
15: Braveheart
16: Star Wars
17:Apollo 13
18: The Matrix
19:The Mummy
20: Princess Mononoke

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Pics looks great. Thanks for the link. Count me in on this for sure. I loved this movie and I know there are many who didn't.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Excellent movie and I will be adding this to my collection.
Peace Out~:D

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Outstanding packaging and extras...I'll pick this one up even though I already own the first release.

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Add me to the list of "Looking forward to this release". :)
Some of my favorite films: The Godfather I and II, Empire Strikes Back, Saving private Ryan, Patton, Traffic, Moulin Rouge, The Abyss, Alien, Fellowship of the Ring, Seven, Memento, Casablanca, Toy Story 1 and 2, The Matrix, Almost Famous, From Russia With Love, Out of Sight, Fight Club, Reservoir Dogs.
-Dean-

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I never saw this in the theaters--didn't buy the disc until they threw Armageddon in with it for $20. I'd read so much negative about this film that I didn't watch it for a couple weeks. Okay, it's not in my 10 faves, but I did really enjoy it.

I will be getting this before they start offering deals.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
True, the movie had its weak spots. The actors/actresses looked too much like models and vehicles were too clean and new looking to be real. The love story angle seemed to go on forever. Everyday life is not sanitary nor pristine but this IS the best film depicting the attack and sure the extended footage should be awesome. I am on the pre-order lists.

The outside "box" shown in the first packaging picture is different from the leatherette "flap" portfolio photos that were originally released?

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
this IS the best film depicting the attack
I agree that Pearl Harbor does a better job of depicting the attack than Tora! Tora! Tora!, but I still felt that it wasn't realistic enough and the actual 1941 attack deserves a rating higher than PG-13. I am hoping that the director's cut will restore the realism.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks