1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Pearl Harbor review at Widescreenreview.com

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by HankM, Nov 12, 2001.

1. HankM

HankM Second Unit

This looks like a great DVD coming. Pristine transfer and one of the best surround mixes yet, especially the DTS track.

2. Robert George

Robert George Screenwriter

Let me guess. The Dolby track gets a "5" and the DTS (half bitrate no doubt) gets a "5+"?

3. Tom Oh

Tom Oh Second Unit

Wow, Obi, how did you ever guess? This system of giving out 5+ out of 5 reminds me of Spinal Tap. The spatial dimension of sonic fidelity are subtle yet noticeable in rendering spacious resolution measuring an incredibly commonly given reference quality and quantity standard score of 11 for this supersonic full spectrum frequency DTS audio soundtrack. [​IMG]

4. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Yeah I could've predicted the 5+ for the dts score too. But in reading the review it sounds like it will be great in DD or dts. And, this is my 2nd most anticipated dvd title this year other than Episode One. I can't wait for Dec. 4.
    ------------------

5. Shad R

Shad R Supporting Actor

SWEET! I can't wait for this! The 5.1 will be awesome, I can imagine it now!

6. Bhagi Katbamna

Bhagi Katbamna Supporting Actor

Stereophile in their recommended componenets issues define class A as state of the art, best-of-best. Then of course, they start the listing with Class A+.

7. GerardoHP

GerardoHP Supporting Actor

Gerardo Paron
    Does anyone know if the director's cut will include the theatrical cut as well? I'm thinking of waiting to buy that version of PH but only if it includes the theatrical.
    ------------------
    Gerardo

8. mark_d

mark_d Second Unit

I pretty sure Mr Prior stated that the director's cut will not have the theatrical cut included.
    Mark