Pay-per-view debate?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Chris Lockwood, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

I won't get into the content of this show, since it is political, but I heard an ad for a debate that's on pay-per-view TV tonight.

Anyone ever heard of a debate on PPV? I don't know what the price is, but I can't imagine many people paying for it, since debates (other than Presidential ones) probably don't get good ratings even when they are on free TV.

This particular debate is between a spokesman from the NRA and someone from the other side of the issue.

If this is PPV, wouldn't you think the participants would get some of the money, meaning if you favor one side of the other, your payment for the program would be partially going to the opposing side.

Like I said, I'm not trying to discuss the content of the debate, just the fact that a debate is on PPV.

2. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

NRA PPV Info

Maybe if they had a duel at 20 paces i'd pay the $9.95.

Paul

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

This seems a bit odd. Not sure I like the idea of a debate only being available if you pay, but I guess it's better than it not being available at all. Hopefully there won't be any debates of real importance as PPV only.

4. Francois Caron

Francois Caron Cinematographer

Francois Caron
    Sounds like a cash grab to me.

5. Mike Brogan

Mike Brogan Second Unit

That is kind of odd. Wouldn't C-Span air something like this for free? (and then be ignored)