What's new

Pay-per-view debate? (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I won't get into the content of this show, since it is political, but I heard an ad for a debate that's on pay-per-view TV tonight.

Anyone ever heard of a debate on PPV? I don't know what the price is, but I can't imagine many people paying for it, since debates (other than Presidential ones) probably don't get good ratings even when they are on free TV.

This particular debate is between a spokesman from the NRA and someone from the other side of the issue.

If this is PPV, wouldn't you think the participants would get some of the money, meaning if you favor one side of the other, your payment for the program would be partially going to the opposing side.

Like I said, I'm not trying to discuss the content of the debate, just the fact that a debate is on PPV.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This seems a bit odd. Not sure I like the idea of a debate only being available if you pay, but I guess it's better than it not being available at all. Hopefully there won't be any debates of real importance as PPV only.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks