What's new

Pat Benatar: Best Shots -- is it out? (1 Viewer)

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I thought that the Pat Benatar: Best Shots DVD was supposed to be out yesterday, but none of my local B&Ms have it, and it doesn't look to be available on-line either. Has anyone actually seen it? Is this DVD really out?
Ted

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Ted...I am trying to find it as well...according to the Circuit City website, it is coming out 12-31-2025....

I have yet to see a single title that came out from this series of Capital DVD's. I NEED Pat's (love her dearly), Tina Turner's and Crowded House.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I grabbed Tina Turner from Circuit City yesterday for $15.99, and then got the Blondie one (which I've already watched; very nice though not perfect, but still a great thing for any fan to purchase) at a local music chain called Turtles for the same price.
According to Link Removed, the Benatar (and the Ice Cube) video collection DVD's are now "TBA". That's Image-code for "postponed indefinately". :frowning:
Rats. That was the one I wanted MOST. I hope this gets back on the schedule soon!

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Pat Benatar in that black tight outfit she wore in the Fire and Ice video was a breath taking sight :b .
It is safe to say I will be purchasing this collection as soon as it is released. Chuck, I couldn't agree with you more :D .

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oyeah! But I prefer the miniskirt in "Little Too Late". :D
(OR the "military" leather-ish look in "Shadows of the Night"!)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Well at one time she and her husband Neal had said that THEY were going to be releasing a DVD of the complete set of videos. All the way from "In The Heat of The Night" to the "Innamorata" album. Maybe it is has been delayed to include any footage from the forthcoming "Girl" album due in Spring of 2003.

While I thought that the track listing for the DVD was nice, I was very upset that it stoped at "Wide Awake In Dreamland" and didn't include anything from the stellar blues album "True Love" or the underrated "Gravity's Rainbow." Only time will tell...

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
At least I have the LaserDisc of Pat Benatar's The Visual Music Collection. It came out in 1986 but the quality isn't that bad for a mid-80's Laser. The videos on it are:
1) You Better Run
2) I'm Gonna Follow You
3) Promises in the Dark
4) Shadows in the Night
5) Anxiety(Get Nervous)
6) Little Too Late
7) Love is a Battlefield
8) We Belong
9) Painted Desert
10)Sex as a Weapon
11)Le Bel Age
No Fire and Ice :frowning: however. Thankfully I have that on VHS. I can't wait to retire that tape.
I have never heard any of Benatar's albums after 1990.
This is probably my loss. I should give them a shot.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
By comparison to that list, the "Best Shots" lineup was supposed to be (and hopefully still is, at the very least):

1)You Better Run
2)Hit Me With Your Best Shot
3)Fire And Ice
4)Promises In The Dark
5)Precious Time
6)Shadows Of The Night
7)Little Too Late
8)Anxiety (Get Nervous)
9)Love Is A Battlefield
10)Hell Is For Children (Live)
11)We Belong
12)Ooh Ooh Song
13)Painted Desert
14)Invincible (Theme From "The Legend Of Billie Jean")
15)Sex As A Weapon
16)Le Bel Age
17)All Fired Up
18)One Love (Song For the "The Lion")

Comparing this to the LD list, the only one from the LD missing on the DVD is "I'm Gonna Follow You". Compared to the 8 others you get in it's place, including smash songs "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", "Precious Time", "Hell Is For Children", "Invincible", and the aforementioned "Fire and Ice", this is no big loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks