What's new

Passive sub off of RXV-1400 rear channels? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Ok I am going to email ron tonight concerning this, unless he sees this post but I also want input from you guys. Could I get a 16-46CS+ and run it off an open channel on my Yamaha RXV-1400? It says on SVS's website... if you have an old receiver you could use it as an amp, because our subs are so effeicent.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You need a decent amount of power to run a big sub. Driving a passive sub off your receiver will draw a lot of current from the receiver, leaving less headroom for the rest of your speakers. You would be much better off getting a used receiver to power the sub. SVS is saying if you have an old receiver that will be used to drive the sub only.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
And remember the subs are 4ohm loads and will tax an amp even more. I know my older Yamaha doesn't recommend using 4ohm speakers, yours might have similar warning? I think you'll want a good 300W to drive the SVS properly, and that ain't gonna happen with an AVR.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Ok thats about what I figured. My receiver can handle a 4ohm load and the sub would only be a 25-31cs. But sounds like its not a good idea. :D

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks