What's new

Passive radiator sub box with sub be converted to a ported box with same sub? (1 Viewer)

ccbc

Auditioning
Real Name
Casey
I have no t/s specs for a sub that is in a box with a passive radiator. I’d like to convert the sub to a ported enclosure based on currant enclosure and radiator size. Goal is integrate in to system that has a ported sub already in use. Thx

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Unfortunately, this requires knowing the T/S parameters. Then it would be fairly simple with the proper software. Without that, I'm not aware of any way to do it and have any idea of the results. Also, there really aren't many DIYers here, but there are plenty of sites dedicated to that.

ccbc

Auditioning
Real Name
Casey
Unfortunately, this requires knowing the T/S parameters. Then it would be fairly simple with the proper software. Without that, I'm not aware of any way to do it and have any idea of the results. Also, there really aren't many DIYers here, but there are plenty of sites dedicated to that.
Yeah I figured as much. The other way I guess is just to try it. Which I have. I notice the difference. I’m going to run thru some test tones and check dips and gains with db meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks