What's new

Parasound HCA-855A Amp 12V Trigger (1 Viewer)

keithm

Auditioning
Greg,
When my HCA-855 turns on, I hear a relay click so the 12v is probably just turning on a relay. So it shouldn't matter on the quality of your dc control.

Keith

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Bringing this thread back to life for a quick question.

Ive got the 885 hooked to my Denon and recently hooked up the 12v trigger with the rat shack parts mentioned above and it seems to work like a champ. My question is, now when I turn off my receiver, the amp takes about 5 seconds to power down and I hear a couple of clicks where before, when I was fliping the amp switch, it was off instantaneously and there was only one click. Is this normal?

Regards,
Phil

DanaA

Screenwriter
I hear two clicks with my 1205A hooked up to my Monster power conditioner. My assumption is that the first click is to turn the amplifier off and the second one is when power is cut to the unit, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I'm not worried about it.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Hi Philip,

Yes, it's perfectly normal. The same thing happens with my H/K setup. You hear the extra click or two as the standby circuit engages.

Great line about the cabinets and LOTR, BTW. I simply didn't remember that much deep bass throughout the entire film at the theater. Also, I've probably listened to the CD Soundtrack at least fifty times since last Christmas but I'd forgotten just how prominent the score was in so many scenes, even over the dialogue.

The Two Towers sneak peek was worth this Full Screen only DVD purchase by itself...now really can't wait until Nov. for the Special Edition.

Robert Barker

Stunt Coordinator
Currently I'm running my Onkyo 777 as the pre/pro and an Acurus A125x5 for amplification. THe Acurus Does not have a 12v trigger, but this little product from sears works great.
Robert Barker
Austin TX

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Last night I finally got my Monster Power center 5000 and installed the trigger to my Parasound 1205A. I'm also using the remote option on the 5000 which allows me to power it from my receiver. This works like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks