What's new

Paramount's "Jade"...... (1 Viewer)

GregBarron

Agent
This is a guilty pic of mine and I own the bare bones disc but I wondering if there was any news about a Collector's Edition or anything in the works? I know there is a Director's cut on VHS. Also, I don't know if this is true or not but I heard the director of this movie didn't want Jade to be in Widescreen for video release. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

It would be really nice to have this in anamorphic widescreen and have the extended Director's cut.

Thanks,

Greg

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
Yes the director did not want this movie in Widescreen. I don't know why that is he never commented on it.

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
William Friedkin isn't a fan of the widescreen format. He had to be talked into a 16x9 transfer for The Exorcist DVDs.

Will K

Screenwriter
William Friedkin isn't a fan of the widescreen format. He had to be talked into a 16x9 transfer for The Exorcist DVDs.
I've understood this to be true as well. Makes me wonder if Fox had to twist his arm for the same thing on The French Connection DVD.
As for Jade, it doesn't make much sense that Paramount can release the uncut version on VHS and for cable showings but not on DVD. The mind boggles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks