What's new

Paramount - Star Trek TV series DVDs (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Oh, pullleeeeze release ST:TOS with the SFC extras in those XFILE-type boxes per season...I promise I'll buy them (as of now I own Vol 1, and one only)
------------------
[Edited last by Mark_TS on August 13, 2001 at 10:34 PM]

Bertrand B

Grip
Martin could I ask you something. Perhaps you hace not not seen it but I posted a thread about Star Trek The Animated Series on DVD. Could you tell us anything about this series on DVD. Do you have plans to release it in the near future?
Thanks

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Sorry Martin,
Just reading more into something than there really is. That's the nature of Trek fans I guess. I wouldn't mind seeing a separate release that has some of that Sci-Fi Channel stuff though after TOS is over with. Assuming you can get it (who owns the Sci-Fi Channel anyway - I keep forgetting).
Bertrand,
Martin's stated in several older threads that Paramount seems to have no interest in releasing TAS - despite the fact that there seems to be quite a market out there waiting for it. They have, in a rare moment of agreement with Mr. Roddenberry, decided to de-canonize and ignore TAS. Never mind that Roddenberry, D.C. Fontana, and most of the other TOS producers and writers actually worked on it. They did release a laserdisc boxed set several years ago, and there aren't that many episodes with each about 25 minutes (with no commercials). It should be fairly easy for them to release a small boxed set of maybe 3 discs total.
[Edited last by Joel Fontenot on August 14, 2001 at 10:42 AM]

Daron

Agent
Martin,
Sorry to read more into your post than was there.
Thank you for keeping us up to date on the Original Series DVDs. Even though I think the idea of boxed sets is a good one, I want you to know I am thoroughly enjoying the DVDs you are producing! TOS has never looked and sounded better, and it's obvious the restoration is being done by talented people who really care.
--Daron

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thank you Martin for keeping Star Trek fans in the loop as much as you can!! Can't wait for TMP announcement as well as future Trek announcements. Will TMP be announced on the 17??? I'm excited to hear about it as well as what will be included on the two disc set. Thanks again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks