What's new

Paramount:please update us on the Indy Trilogy (1 Viewer)

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
I would venture to say that these dvd's are coming this year..... Probably around the same time SW Attack of the Clones makes it's debut.... Just a hunch...

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Martin,
That may well be the best answer you've ever given on the HTF :). I'm guessing Paramount only has so much control over Indiana Jones. Lucas and Speilberg will decide when these titles are to be released.
I will say this much: These films weren't released to Widescreen VHS until after I was well into DVD, so I have not purchased them in Widescreen at all. Please make my DVD wishes come true!

TheoGB

Screenwriter
These films weren't released to Widescreen VHS until after I was well into DVD
Err surely not. When did you get well-into DVD? I've had the Indy Trilogy w/s box set since about 95/96 here in the UK...

Anyhow, I seem to remember despite the contrary rumours, Martin's last list of what we could expect this year did not include Indy.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Theo:

the US versions at least were not available until I was buying DVD only. I know for sure because right up until I bought my DVD player I was buying a widescreen video each week just to show my interest in the format. Indiana Jones would have been a no-brainer purchase for me. The only reason I would not have purchased it (as I remember) is that I only buy DVD now.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
What is so bad about waiting another year?

I'd rather see Paramount, Amblin, and Lucasfilm do it right rather than put out a boring set. Plus, Lucas has been busy with Episode II, Speilberg has 2 movies coming out this year...you get the idea.

Plus, Amblin will be busy with the BTTF movies, E.T., and others. Lucasfilm will be busy with the Episode II DVD...

Good things are worth waiting for, IMO.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
John, that's bad. :frowning: I actually thought about it and realised that Indiana Jones set must have been available over here since about 1993 or 1994. It's very nice - a yellow box done out like an old map with locations from all three movies on it (some spelt incorrectly!!) and containing the three movies plus the Making Of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
I have a feeling though, that the making of disappointed me due to not having the bit where someone (Spielberg/Lucas?) screams at the snake that it's supposed to be afraid of fire!! I know I saw that in a 'making of' on TV once...
Martin: If you're still reading, what is the position on the Young Indy series? I really want this on DVD too...
Cheers.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Not this year. There. Enough said.
THANK YOU! I am extremely serious with that response; I *very* much appreciate that it is laid on the line like that.
Just yesterday at work me and fellow HTFer Randy Duncan were debating how true the 'net rumors of a Raiders release this year were gonna be, including those over at The Digital Bits.
That settles the issue for once and for all. I deeply appreciate it. And as the fan of the losing team of the World Series said, "just wait until next year!" :D

Randy Duncan

Auditioning
I totally agree with David. As he said, we were just talking about this at work yesterday!
Martin, please know that we all appreciate your truthfulness on this. It's sometimes difficult to wait because we LOVE these films... but ultimately, most of the members here would rather wait than plunk down for a poor product. Witness Paramount's release of NextGen -- sure, there are a couple more extras that would've been nice, but what we got has been WELL worth the time it took to get! (HINT: PLEASE do as much justice with Deep Space Nine!:D )
As long as the Indy releases are "done right", you'll get our bucks!
-- Elrand / memphis

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
We movie freaks have a lot to look forward this year, both theatrically and on DVD. Part of me (a small part) is kind of happy to wait. Easier on my wallet that way... :)
Thanks for letting us know something either way, Martin!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks