Paramount:please update us on the Indy Trilogy

Jeremiah W

Stunt Coordinator
Well to be honest OAR and anamorphic and Paramount have my money already, no matter how much I'd grumble about a lack of extras.
Same,here they could release the movie right away and then release the second disc of extras for abotu 10 bucks later.But as long the they're done right I'll gladly wait.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I agree- I'd rather wait some more & have them done right the first time. I'm pretty sure that Paramount knows what potential sales they have on their hands with the Indy trilogy.
Martin, please know that we all appreciate your truthfulness on this. It's sometimes difficult to wait because we LOVE these films... but ultimately, most of the members here would rather wait than plunk down for a poor product.
I totally agree with that statement,as well as the props for Next Gen, & hopefully DS9

But......
You know...the speculation on Indy 4 has heated up somewhat. I wouldn't be surprised if this is tied into that somehow.
Calvin

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Martin said, This is how rumors get started. He didn't say they're coming in 2003, just that they're not coming in 2002. If he'd said 2003, I'd be happy and say thanks for the good news. Since all we know is that they're not coming in 2002 and may not show up for years yet, I thank him for putting the rumors to rest about this year, but I do not consider it good news.

DanR

Supporting Actor
Exactly George!!! Martin did not say they were coming in 2003 at all. People assume that.

Someone asked, "What's so bad about waiting another year?"

-We've been waiting "another year" for about three years now. That's the problem with waiting another year. I'm really tired of this; this is borderline on ridiculous that we've had to wait so long. At least with classic Star Wars Trilogy we know Lucas wants to do more work on those movies, hence the delay.

As far as the argument of "spacing out releases". Well, Paramount has done such a good job of spacing out its releases that I haven't purchased any Paramount DVDs this year, and "We Were Soldiers" is the only planned Paramount purchase for me this year...And people like us @ HTF are supposed to be the big collectors/purchasers. Go figure.

Regards,

Dan

Chris Kr

Agent
Post Edited by Administrator-Do Not Repost! Talk of bootleg material is not allowed on this forum.
Not releasing these movies is just ridiculous and pure arrogance and I don't want paramount getting my money for them when, or should i say 'if', they ever come out.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I would rather Paramount take their time and release a quality product that's special rather than something that's rushed.
Besides, I'm still trying to get some mileage out of my widescreen tapes.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't it shown on Hi-Def not too long ago[Raiders]?
So it must have a decent master already,so why can't it be released?
I would rather Paramount take their time and release a quality product that's special rather than something that's rushed.
It should have been done 4 years ago!!!!!!!!
Rushed my arse!!!!!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It should have been done 4 years ago!!!!!!!!
No.

For one thing the market penetration for DVD was nowhere near what it needed to be for a film of this calibur. We only reached that level in the last year. Sure Raiders would have sold players, but they'd have to push a rerelease in order to get the sales that the current market would provide.

Also, four years ago there would not be a guarantee that Paramount would provide even an anamorphic transfer, much less special features. I'm personally quite happy this was not done 4 years ago.

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
Paramount seems to be taking the heat on this, but isn't it our dear friend George Lucas who is making the decision on when they are released? The same George Lucas who won't release the Star Wars trilogy?

Deane

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Also, four years ago there would not be a guarantee that Paramount would provide even an anamorphic transfer, much less special features.
Yes, but I'm not talking about of what could happened,but what should have happened,which wasn't impossible nor unfeasable.

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
After Indiana Jones 4 (supposedly to be released summer 2003).I can see the DVDs being released or after they have been altered (like star wars).

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Which year for Indy? I certainly hope that the behind the scenes politics which is involved with getting these films on DVD is resolved one day in the near future. It is really too bad these films remain locked up.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I had some insight this week that I'd like to share. Perhaps Martin can say if I'm on target, but certainly he doesn't need to...

Speilberg, Ford, and Lucas all seem to be pretty firm that Indiana Jones 4 will come to theaters for the Spring/Summer of 2005. I've heard more confirmation about this date than I ever have of any prior "progress" on an Indiana Jones sequel. This makes me think it's going to happen.

Now if it does happen, I beleive we will see the Indiana Jones films that exist currently appear on DVD in the fall/winter of 2004. It only makes sense to release them to build anticipation for the sequel. Any earlier or later and the same effect won't be had. It's basic marketting.

Also, if the film doesn't come out, we will STILL not see the DVDs until it's CONFIRMED that the film will not come out in 2005.

So anyone who is still holding their breath...

My prediction : October/November 2004.

You may very well be right Mike.

In my mind, I can't see the DVDs coming out before 2006. Lucas is busy with the Star Wars prequels, Spielberg has a ton of other projects to worry about, and somewhere in there they're going to make the 4th Indy film. Lucas also wants to put the original Star Wars Trilogy out for 2006, so we may have to wait even later for these. We could get them sooner, but if it depends on Spielberg and Lucas, then I doubt it.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
There's no point to speculating anymore. I guess we know not this year. That'll have to do. Resurrect this thread in 6 months and we'll see how we're doing!!

DanR

Supporting Actor
Well, now that Ms. Lansing, the Paramount Studio "Chief", has confirmed in an interview that Indiana Jones 4 is a done deal, I'm a bit more optimistic about Indiana Jones on DVD.

With all due respect to Mr. Blythe, I would venture to say that this issue has not even been in his hands, and he may not have known all that was going on behind the scenes. Paramount and Lucasfilm have had some intercompany "trouble" with this franchise, but if the fourth movie is now a done deal, perhaps those "problems" are resolved to everyone's satisfaction?!?!?! Regardless of the release date for Indy 4, I now believe that Lucas and Paramount are in a position to get these movies out on DVD ASAP.

It is my opinion that after Lucasfilm wraps up work on Star Wars Episode II's DVD (which should be soon, if it's not done already) that attention will turn in earnest towards getting the Indiana Jones movies out on DVD. We know Lucasfilm likes to work on these things one at a time, so I'm going to go on record as saying that we get Raiders of the Lost Ark in 2003, with the other two films "spaced out" and leading into the June/July 2005 theatrical debut of Indy 4. So something like:

Raiders - 2Q/3Q 2003 (maybe late summer, August anyone?)

Temple - 1Q/2Q 2004

Crusade - 4Q 2004 OR 1Q 2005

Indy 4 - 4Q 2005

Regards,

Dan

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julianaolsan