What's new

Paramount please drop your prices? (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Paramount is the only major studio that doesn't have a $14.99 list price line yet. There are some titles you are sitting on that I won't touch till the price drops to that level. Also, it' been almost a 1/2 year since your last price drops to the $19.99 point. Other studios have dropped and announced more price drops. Plese consider following suit.

Thank You,

David

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Paramount helped us out by dropping the SRP on many of their catalog titles from $29.95 to $19.95 or $24.95. This brought the price to (well) under twenty dollars per disc when purchased online or at discount stores. I don't see that this is at all unreasonable. Asking for a $14.95 price point is fine, but Paramount's catalog product, albeit often barebones, is quite good and easily worth five bucks more than that. Of course, it's all a matter of personal priorities. What is worth twenty bucks to someone else might not be worth ten to me.

Brian E

Screenwriter
The thing I'd like to see a price drop on is the ST: TOS discs. Drop them to say $14.99 for two episodes so street would be around $10.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
ST is probably among the core product for Paramount. With DVD still on the upswing and not yet achieving the market penetration of VHS, I would say the chances of a price drop there are slim. You have to remeber as well that Paramount doesn't have the size of library that WB/MGM/Fox and other sutdios have.

As long as Paramount focuses on quality product - as it does now with some exceptions such as lack of DTS and some earlier titles - it will continue to move DVDs off the shelf. I have quite a bit of their stuff, and contiue to appreciate Martin's input here.

A quality release of Red October is at the top of my list and I look forward to seeing that in the middle of next year!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I AGREE 1 million %

$24-$27 for barebones 2.0 Dolby titles is ridiculous. Paramount is my easily my least favorite studio.

Brian E

Screenwriter
I know the chances of a drop for the ST discs is slim. It still doesn't stop me from wishing. The price to buy this series is very high compared to almost any other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks