What's new

Paramount...idea for new Jack Ryan SE DVDs (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Mr. Blythe,
Since Paramount has not ventured into the DTS area on its DVD products yet.....perhaps the new SE versions of THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, PATRIOT GAMES, and CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER would be a good time to test the waters and add 5.1 DTS tracks to them. That may just be the extra feature needed to get people to purchase these movies again (along with the new anamorphic transfers of course).
Just a thought. :)
------------------
Regards,
Brian W. Ralston
"Success is a journey, not a destination." - Unknown

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
I second this whole-heartedly! I just purchased Air Force One solely due to the new DTS track on the Superbit edition.
If you want to test the DTS market Paramount, this would be an excellent choice to try it with!
------------------
sig.jpg

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
New 24 bit/96 kHz DTS 5.1 or 24 bit/48 kHz DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 at full bitrate would be sublime (depending on how many channels the creators wanted the films mixed to). Both new formats are backwards compatible.
And not just for the Jack Ryan Collection (Indy and others... hint, hint).
Please Mr. Blythe. You could make Paramount's releases the SuperBit versions Columbia/TriStar didn't have the guts to put out. All other supplements on a second disc with the best DTS 5.1 and 6.1 tracks yet available.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on October 09, 2001 at 10:59 PM]
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on October 09, 2001 at 11:03 PM]

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
Especially since you (meaning Paramount, not you personally) passed on a rumored available DTS-ES track for Star Trek: The Motion Picture - TDE.
Joel

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
But please! In widescreen! The pan and scan versions suck! Especially on Patriot Games!
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
Link Removed

Chris M

Second Unit
We have the VHS for these 3 movies, and desperately want to buy the DVD's, but we aren't buying for 2 reasons:
1) poor transfers/supplements
2) COST! These movies are $30CDN EACH for barebones movies.
Please consider new SE's for this collection... DTS would be an awesome extra!
Thanks,
Chris.

Fred_C

Agent
If they come out in DTS, I'll buy all three. Is there any mention as to when these will be out?
------------------
Fred

Luis A

Second Unit
Count me in. SE's, anamophic widescreen, and with DTS 5.1 or 6.1 tracks. How about it Paramount?
Thanks,L

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
They'll probably tie in with the release of Sum of All Fears, this summer, if it stays on schedule...
Please!!!
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
Link Removed

Sandra

Agent
a DTS SE of Hunt for Red October would be heaven and I'd pay for it no problem :) (not like for the current outrageous price of the bare bone
frown.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks