What's new

Paramount & Disney - Torment us fantasy fans no longer! We need DRAGONSLAYER!! (1 Viewer)

chris w-c

Agent
I heard a rumor that this is currently in development for a special DVD release next summer, the same rumor I've been hearing for the past 2 years. I've also heard that many of the scenes that ended on the cutting room floor may now be restored, but I'll take that with a pinch of salt as well. I just wish the fates would smile upon us and give us this DVD already.
This film boasts the best performance as a spellcaster ever, Ralph Richardson as Ulric of Craggenmore. I'm not sure even Ian McKellen's Gandalf in LOTR will top this wonderful portrayal. And of course, the dragon special effects were groundbreaking, and still look better than most of the CGI effects used today. This film deserves to be well documented on a SE DVD for new generations to experience it. It isn't exactly widely available of video....
Post here if you feel the way I do. Also, please post any specific format description or extra features you would like to see in the DVD.
-Chris W-C

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
This was one of the most requested titles when Paramount conducted a poll here a few months ago. The last word was that the title (along with all the other candidates) was being investigated for possible release.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'd love to have Dragonslayer on DVD, with any extras they can find ofcourse, a commentary and isolated score would be nice.
The dragon Vermithrax Pejorative is still extremely effective, and holds up well against CGI created Draco in Dragonheart.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I would LOVE for Paramount to fully fund a restoration of the negatives and sound stems and allow ILM or whoever did the clean up of Superman Director's Cut to get rid of the very ugly optical matte lines. Superman DC is a prime example of how to enhance an older film by re-compositing the composite plate shots digitally and getting rid of wires, etc.
A new DTS 24/96 encoded digital 5.1 remix along with the original soundtrack for purists would be great too.
DragonSlayer is a classic and should be treated as such.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on October 21, 2001 at 12:16 AM]

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've said it about a dozen times before, and I'll say it again.
HELL YES, I want DragonSlayer on DVD!
So does the missus! And my brother. And several friends.
I'm surprised that noone is rushing to capitolize on Peter MacNichol's broad success in "Ally McBeal" while that show is still bankable.
DSTITLE.jpg

A kewl little website that keeps hope alive: http://members.aol.com/docdroz/dsintro.html
MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Disney has nothing to do with any DVD release as the video rights belong soley to Paramount.
Jeff

chris w-c

Agent
Glad to see people agreeing with me.
I'd especially like to see a 'director's cut' of the film, if the director is interested in taking a look at something he made years ago.
Upt to date interviews would be cool too.
-Chris W-C

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
quote: It's looking like it won't be 2002. Maybe 2003.[/quote]
THANK YOU!!!
Yaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! (Dances around the room...naked!)
eek.gif

You made my night, Martin! With that ONE glimmer of hope! At least it's on your minds!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!
[Edited last by David Lambert on October 22, 2001 at 10:26 PM]

Dave_P

Stunt Coordinator
I would love to see this movie come out on DVD asap!!!!
This is one of the memorable films of my childhood. It created a boy that was fascinated with fantasy, magic, and dragons. I also thought that the dragon looked very good in this movie. I used to have this on video tape as well, but I too ruined the movie by watching it too many times.
Please, can we have this one soon????

Joseph Burns

Stunt Coordinator
Just chiming in with my support for bringing this spectacular film to DVD. It will definitely have a perch in my collection when it roars into the stores! I have yet to see a better movie dragon, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks