What's new

DVD Review HTF REVIEW: The Little Mermaid - Disappointingly NOT Recommended (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Robert
By removing it they almost admit the story is true.

No, they just rid themselves of a silly urban legend created by people who didn't know what they were looking at. The offstage "Good Kitty" line in Aladdin was scrubbed as well.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Well, one can't deny that the absense of the image now implies that they removed it out of fear. I'm a little annoyed at the fact that the line about the tiger has been taken out of Aladdin. These are NOT offensive scenes. A few people get angry about them, Disney removes the material instead of issuing statements regarding the fact that the scenes really aren't offensive.

I'm not so much upset about the movie being edited, I'm actually upset about the mentality behind it. Disney took something that was completely innocent and because someone else pointed out something they thought was perverted... went ahead and removed it. It just makes me wonder what else we can expect in the future at the request of people who apparently have their OWN heads in the gutters. These rumors of ariel's cleavage, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if in 50 years the seventh release of Alice In Wonderland removed "Drink Me" and "Eat Me" from the film because those phrases are "filthy!" and allude to drug use...

One can completely agree that the studio is obviously just covering their bases and know that a few seconds of footage isn't going to cause an outrage... but the question is how big is the next thing going to be? or What are they going to chop out next at the demands of angry parents who have sicker minds than they realize?

Real Name
Robert

Reasonable people will usually make reasonable decisions. I hope that John Lasseter and the new people at Disney will do the right thing and release non-censored versions of Saludos Amigos, Make Mine Music, and Melody Time. Those alterations were far more egregious to my mind than "fixing" the knees of the clergyman in Little Mermaid.

mike4195

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
Originally Posted by ZackR ">[/url]

[/QUOTE]Finished mine last night. Will be watching it in its entirety this afternoon. [img]https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/8/8d/htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
Plzzz send me a copy... I don't wanna make myself buy the platinum edition.

If you stored it on you computer then please upload it onto the Internet using rapidshare.com or another file hosting site.

Thank you it is much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks