What's new

Paramount announcements through end of year... (1 Viewer)

StevenFC

Second Unit
Well, so much for the Paramount Marx Bros. movies I guess. Bummer.

But I'll be getting these for sure anyway:

Star Trek Generations CE
I Married a Monster from Outer Space
The Untouchables CE
Most of the Jerry Lewis stuff
Andy Griffith Show - Season 1 (Yes!)
Last Train from Gun Hill
Arrowhead
The Naked Jungle
Ragtime

And maybe a few more, possibly. But the Marx Bros. would have made this an awesome release list. I hate rumours!!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can we assume that this will be a box-set collecting all of the films listed?

October 12

The Jerry Lewis Productions (some with Dean Martin)
The Stooge
The Delicate Delinquent
The Ladies' Man
The Patsy
Cinderfella
The Bellboy
The Errand Boy
The Family Jewels
The Nutty Professor CE
The Disorderly Orderly

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
"Brain Donors"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forget how many times I must've talked about that one here! Thank you Mr. Blythe and Paramount!

We KNOW that *everything* will be OAR from this studio and for that, I am thankful!

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Star Trek: Generations CE for September 7? Woohoo! Just in time for my birthday!!! (Although my wife already knows that I want the Star Wars Trilogy for my b-day... heehee!)

Now if we could only get word on what extra features will be on the new disc. For that matter, will the film's prologue and original ending be released on the disc?

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
WOW! Too many titles I want!

But nothing about Star Trek in season sets. I'm going to pout now. ;)

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
As great as this list is, I did have a big thrill of anticipation as I scrolled down it, expecting to see ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS. But there's always next year.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I'm especially pleased to see Mr. Lewis finally getting his due with the release of ten of his productions released between 1953 and 1965.

If all goes well with this initial release -- and I can't imagine that they won't sell like hotcakes, we'll hopefully see more in the future and be able to follow Mr. Lewis' progression as his technical filmmaking abilities took hold.

Many of the technical nuances of modern filmmaking find their earliest uses in Mr. Lewis' work.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Foul Play! YES! And it looks like Deep Impact will finally get an anamorphic release this year along with Top Gun. Now if only we could get Ghost and the Darkness and Breakdown as CE as well, or at least anamorphic reissues.

Glad to see Star Trek Generations, but unhappy to have First Contact absent from the list.

Overall, looks like a very solid year for Paramount releases, although where is their obligitory late august/september big gun release? I think I can live with Happy Days being part of it. There is too much quality product coming this year from them. Thank you Paramount. And also thank you for dropping the price on most of your catalog releases as well, it makes it hard not to go broke when they are released.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member

Universal owns those.

I'm very excited to see the following coming out, thanks Paramount!:

Murder on the Orient Express
Bug
- guilty childhood pleasure
Conquest of Space
The Delicate Delinquent
The Ladies' Man
The Patsy
Cinderfella
The Bellboy
The Errand Boy
The Family Jewels
The Nutty Professor CE
The Disorderly Orderly
The Naked Jungle
Testament
Ragtime

However my top 6 most wanted titles are still MIA, although I'm sure Paramount will get around to them soon:

The Conformist
Ace in the Hole
If
Phase IV
Robinson Crusoe on Mars
Lady in a Cage

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
I bet that the Deep Impact Collector's Edition is a tie-in to the DVD release of Day After Tomorrow...

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The Keep! NICE. I talked with Martin at the Nick Meyer signing at the end of January and he said it was up in the air because of Michael Mann. I'm hoping some things have been fixed, but either way, I'm pleased.

And Deep Impact CE! NICE! I worked for one of the writers when it was being made.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I'll buy Explorers if it's the theatrical version- the "Special Home Video Version" is actually missing a scene!
I'll get the Friday the 13th Set only if it includes Part 3 in field-sequential 3-D, which was available in Japan on the defunct VHD format.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Quite a few for me:

Assassination Bureau
I Love Lucy - Season 2
Orca (This has a great score by Ennio Morricone that adds alot to the movie for me)
Bug
Aces High
Arrowhead
The Stooge
The Delicate Delinquent
The Ladies' Man
The Patsy
Cinderfella
The Bellboy
The Errand Boy
The Family Jewels
The Disorderly Orderly

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I was hoping for MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK, WE'RE NO ANGELS - 1955, COMPROMISING POSITIONS, FRASIER - SEASON 4, STARTING OVER and ISLANDS IN THE STREAM. I guess it gives me something to look forward to in 2005. Yikes!...2005 already.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Hell yes!!! Some titles I've been waiting on for a very long time are finally coming!

I'd basically given up on getting the amazing Testament on DVD any time soon, as I've asked about it several times in the studio feedback section only to be told it wasn't coming. It is one of my top two most wanted titles from Paramount, and color me very surprised and ecstatic to see that its finally coming!

Orca: The Killer Whale, Fire in the Sky, and Bug are three other gems I've been dying to have on DVD, and there's no doubt that I'll be picking them all up. I will also finally be getting Deep Impact, as I've been holding out for a possible CE. And finally, its great to see The Keep back on the schedule. I was really dismayed when it was delayed last year, and I look forward to finally getting it on DVD along with all these other gems.

With Paramount, I've pretty much given up on any extras for films that aren't labled CEs, but hopefully these films will all have there trailers at the very least.

There are still several Paramount titles I'm dying to have such as Phase IV, Let's Scare Jessica to Death, Student Bodies, Lady in a Cage, Event Horizon SE, etc., but I am very pleased with this lineup!

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I am excited about BUG and ORCA, 2 childhood favorites. Also FOUL PLAY (finally!)THE NAKED JUNGLE, THE THING CALLED LOVE, BLACK ORCHID, and RAGTIME.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks