1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Paradigm vs.m Energy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Dz, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Bill Dz

Bill Dz Auditioning

I am looking for a small 5.1 system I heard the Paradigm Cinema and Energy Take 5 at two different store. I am looking for advise in choosing a system that can be used for music as well as HT. Any other good small choices to confuse matters even more?

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

While Paradigm generally makes a nice speaker there have been rave reviews on the Ernergy's for several years now. They are the safe bet IMO
    ------------------
    http://www.mts.net/~glendap/

3. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I will agree with Andrew. I heard the Cinema, they were great on HT. I never heard the Take 5 but they are pretty much the kings of small speakers (along with the Klipsch Quintet which I owned and recommend you audition).
    Between the two you heard I would go with the Energy for their popularity in the HT world.
    --
    Holadem

4. JimHal

JimHal Stunt Coordinator

I too recommend Energy. For a smaller room they are great. Although in the end I upgraded for something larger upfront. We moved into a house and they lacked a little in pumping out the tunes.
    For movies, they were great. I still use them for my rear surrounds. Don't thing twice about buying a set.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Bill, I don't own the Energy Take 5 or Take 5.2 system, but I heard the Take 5 system during a lengthy in-store demo last year. I walked away very impressed with its home-theater performance for the price. However, I did find the Take 5 system to be lacking for music, which is not so surprising since satellite speakers are not really designed for music first. In the end, I bought an Energy e:XL surround-sound package since it provided significantly better performance with music and movies, but admittedly, it did cost about twice as much as the Take 5 set-up. Still, if the Take 5 or Take 5.2 system is in your price range, I'd get it, and I have recommended it to friends who are looking for a speaker system in that price range. It is a very nice system. I am still using the Energy e:XL set-up in my home theater, and I bought a pair of Energy e:XL floorstanding speakers for a stereo system last week. In my opinion, Energy makes a great speaker for the price.
    ------------------
    My:
    HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
    KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime