What's new

paradigm speakers in canada (1 Viewer)

Nick L

Second Unit
Are paradigm speakers significantly cheaper in canada? I'm looking at buying a pair of phantoms, but would like to get monitor 7's. Any idea how much a pair of monitor 7's is in canada versus the US? I live a few hours from the border (7) but would make a trip out of it if I could save a bunch of money.

Thanks for any help.

Nick L

Zbigniew

Stunt Coordinator
Yes.

Rule of Thumb - US price = Canadina price (in different currency :).

Also, you may get 20-25% discount in Canada. GST is refundable.

Some prices:

Studio 100 - 2400 C$

Studio 40 - 1100 C$

Studio 20 - 800 C$

Also, do a search for Pradigm Canada and you will quite a few references to places Canada. YOu will have to travel, though...

_zjt

Nick L

Second Unit
Just a few questions.

First what is GST?

Second what is the exchange rate???? (roughly)

I don't mind doing the traveling if I'm gonna save some serious cash, which it looks like I will. For what I was going to spend up here on the phantoms, atoms and cc170, it sounds like I could get the monitor 7's, mini monitors, and cc370. What a deal!!

Nick L

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
ABSOLUTELY!!!! THEY ARE DEFINATELY CHEAPER...TAKE IT FROM ME FIRST HAND!

My local dealer quoted me a package price retail for the Studio Reference CC, one pair of Studio Reference 40's and one pair of Studio Reference 20's at over $2500 US. Sure, they were willing to deal, but I doubt I could have gotten them to go lower than $2100 for the package in the Lt. Cherry Veneer.

I'm going to Montreal in 4 days to get the exact same package for $2300 Canadian. At the going exchange rate that comes to $1465 in US dollars. I'm saving over $700 on the package, and over $1000 on the retail price.

Plus, the dealer threw in the Anthem MCA 5 (retail at $1500), for $1025 US. That's another 33% off retail.

Why? Because both Paradigm and Anthem are made in Canada and priced for the Canadian marketplace. At the currect ridiculous exchange rates, you have to be a fool if you live close to the boarder not to take advantage of this.

Plus, if you return to the US, you just tell the boarder guards you bought Canadian Electronics that were made in Canada and you get taxes reimbursed and pay no duty.

It's a no brainer.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
By the way, Exchange rate right now is 1.57 US for every $1 Canadian...which means things are 36% cheaper up there than down here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks