What's new

B&W DM602's, Now I need surround speaker advice and sub to complete system. (1 Viewer)

BryGuy

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan
I currently own a pair of B&W DM602's for my left and right channel speakers. I love these speakers and they're more than adequate for the room their in. I'm currently using a Marantz SR6400 receiver, but I plan to upgrade to something a little more powerful, that also has HDMI capabilities...... possibly a Onkyo TX-SR 876.

My centre channel and surrounds are inexpensive speakers and will definitely need replacing soon. I want to find speakers & a sub that will compliment the 602's.

I realize that I could add more B&W speakers, but I'd prefer to go with a Canadian speaker such as Paradigm since I live in Canada.

1. Would Paradigms Cinema line be complimentary to the 602's?
2. Should I look to a different manufacturer for a sub? any suggestions?

Thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
2. Yes. Thanks for posting your location because Canadians are at a disadvantage on our usual suggestions of internet direct subs. Check shipping from SVS, Elemental Designs, Hsu and Epik Subwoofers. If it is too much then contact Funky Waves dot net. Nathan is in Canada and builds custom subs. Also try Creative Sounds dot ca as well. I don't think they sell finished subs but I've only looked at their drivers.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The center channel should really be a matched B&W. But if you are dead-set, then I'd sell the B&Ws, or use them for the surrounds, and replace the front three as a set. I highly recommend Axioms (Canadian).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks