What's new

Paradigm Servo15 vs Revel B-15 (1 Viewer)

PaulXH

Stunt Coordinator
Which sub do you know is best. Home Theater is main thing I use my system for.

Paul

harvey_mason

Agent
personally I would save some money and get the paradigm pw-2200. This sub is truly amazing for only a 12 inch driver.
Not sure what size room you have but I have approx. 18 x27 w/ 7 foot high ceilings and my sub has not been put past 3. I can imagine it past there!!!!
Nice tight accurate bass for home theater as well as audio!!
:emoji_thumbsup:
rergards,
harvey

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Paul,

How large is the room and what will the associated gear be? Is cost a factor? (i think the servo15 is about half the price?). Could you consider dual servo15s?

The B15 hasn't had its performance verified with any objective data AFAIK, but it is getting raves from its owners.

TV

PaulXH

Stunt Coordinator
My room is about 22'X 25'. I have Paradigm Studio's all the way around. I use a Sunfire TGIII for my pre/pro. I have a Conrad-Johnson for my mains and about to buy the Audio Refinement Multi-5 for the rest of my channels. Thanks

Paul

Cam S

Screenwriter
The Revel B-15 is a seriously high class subwoofer, and I've heard nothing but good about it. However, it's more expensive than the Servo 15 and that sub is said to be one of the better "bang for your bucks". I guess it really comes down to preference. Since you have some nice (and expensive)equipment I would go with the Revel B-15. You really can't go wrong with it and I guarantee you'll be happy.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
In that size room, I would stack a pair of the servo15s over the single B15. You could always start with a single servo15 and then add the second...although getting both at once may entice your local dealer into an extra 5-10% off :)
TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks