Paradigm replacement tweeters?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by bruin, Feb 13, 2003.

1. bruin

bruin Second Unit

Hi,

I need info on where to buy paradigm replacement tweeters or really good tweeters. I really don't know much about them except mine for the 9se model are messed up!

Any recommendations are much welcomed. Do I just take the old one out and put the new one in? Any details to look for when searching?

2. Ian_A

Ian_A Agent

I don't think you can buy Paradigm drivers on there own. Best bet is to talk to your local Paradigm Dealer about replacement drivers.

3. DonJ

DonJ Second Unit

You can get them from you Local Paradigm dealer. I would consider upgrading to the PAL tweeter from the Studio series.[​IMG]

4. bruin

bruin Second Unit

5. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

Looks like the one in the Rocket.
    E

6. PaulWY

PaulWY Extra

I am kind of shocked. Can you actually just replace a tweeter with a different brand like that? Physically speaking, are tweeters "one size fits all" or something? Wouldn't that throw off the speakers "signature sound"? If this really is common practice, I wouldn't mind trying this out to see what kind of a difference it would make with my speakers.

7. bruin

bruin Second Unit

I don't know much about crossover settings and such but if it sounds good...it's good right? Well I just compared the specs for a replacement 1" tweeter with the Vifa XT and they seem to have similar dimensions but the Vifa has a wider range in its frequency capabilities.

I was wondering why the Vifa replacement for the Paradigm 9se was just $25 a pop while the XT was $60! The price difference is minimal compared to how much more Polk Lsi's and Rockets cost.

But in the end, I love the sound!