What's new

Paradigm Monitor/Studio characteristics (1 Viewer)

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
I'm picking up new fronts for my 3803 and I've heard good things about the Paradigm. But, I can't A/B them because my dealer only has the Studio 20's.

How would you classify the sound of each of these, and in which direction would you go if the price difference was $170 w/o stands. (I think I may try to build my own...)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jon Duke

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking at the Studio 40's and the Monitor 7's.

I can't believe I left that out of the original message...Duh!

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
The Monitor 7 is a nice speaker, but I think the 40 is much better. I own the 9s and I'm planning to upgrade to the 40s soon. They are a just a much better balanced and detailed speaker (I'm not great with speaker lingo).

The best thing to do of course is audition them side by side. I had a similar situation of only being able to audition the 20s (until very recetly) and found that the 40s sound very similar with better bass extension and, more importantly, less of a swell in the mid-bass (~100Hz?) range giving it an overall better balance.

I sort of got pulled into buying the monitor line because I got a really good price, but in the end I've regretted not going with the studio speakers when they really weren't that much more costly. You should be very happy with either... I'm sure others will make some additional good suggestions as well.

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
i had pair of studio 60s v.1 I would classified it as being "forward" sounding, lively, bright. After a while, with the poorly recorded music from bands that I liked, it was too fatiguing for me. I couldn't turn it up and listen for extended period of time. Now I'm happy with a pair of Hales Revelation twos.

associated equipment: acurus act3, anthem mca3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks